What's new

Palmolive shave stick reformulation?

Just to add to the mystery, I've posted a new thread on the Palmolive sticks, here.

So, is there a cause for panic? I dunno...but hoarding is always a good thing, n'est-ce pas? :biggrin:

Cheers,
Jimmy.

I know I'm bringing this thread back after a year and a half. But, I just got into Palmolive products and purchased a couple of shave sticks recently. Mine were the ones with potassium hydrogenated tallowate as the first ingrediant so it doesn't look like it was phased out as people were predicting.

haven't tried either of these , but the australian stick is a great latherer and has that "palmolive" scent that is so classic

Attachments

• $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 084.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 084.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 179
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 082.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 082.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 179
  • $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 083.jpg
    $zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgtdhtki 083.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 179
The EU-palmolive gives a better lather and gives it more easily. For scent I prefer the AUS-version.

Does the AUS stick maybe smell like the stronger, European "Classic" Palmolive cream? The Euro "Sensitive" cream smells just like the Euro stick, to me.

I know I'm bringing this thread back after a year and a half. But, I just got into Palmolive products and purchased a couple of shave sticks recently. Mine were the ones with potassium hydrogenated tallowate as the first ingrediant so it doesn't look like it was phased out as people were predicting.

Good news! I'll be in the UK for Xmas so i'll definitely be stocking up!

Legion

Staff member

I picked a few up in a corner London chemist a few weeks back, I think it's all good. The Aussie one works, and is still great value, but the Euro version beats it for cushion.

Does the AUS stick maybe smell like the stronger, European "Classic" Palmolive cream? The Euro "Sensitive" cream smells just like the Euro stick, to me.

The EU-classic cream scent is sort of in between the EU-stick and the AUS-stick. The AUS-cream smells exactly like the AUS-stick.

The EU-palmolive gives a better lather and gives it more easily. For scent I prefer the AUS-version.

I could not have said it better myself, if they were to make the Gut 2.2 euro version with the Aussie scent, I would buy a further twelve sticks.

Top Bottom