What's new

Palmolive shave stick reformulation?

I am sick and tired of this reformulation talk! Well, as long as they don't touch my Tabac, I may still be able to sleep at night.

I've had 100+ of these stashed away for a very long time.

I'm sure that should be enough to see me through.

:w00t:

I felt that I was overdoing my hoarding of soaps (in total about 4,5 kg) but after reading this I won't spend my money on professional help; I'll just buy more soap!!

Peto I was wondering if you have had a chance to compare the two Palmolives yet? Had a great Palmolive shave tonight and was thinking of this thread again....:001_smile

Any other sitings of this different Palmolive? I wonder if it indeed a reformulation or if there has always been more than one variety of it?

Any other sitings of this different Palmolive? I wonder if it indeed a reformulation or if there has always been more than one variety of it?

I can't quite remember where I heard it, but there's something like several formulations out there and has been for quite some time, such as the German and UK formulations of it. If I can find the information specific to these two formulations, I'll post a link to it. And just FYI, there is also an Aussie version as well.

Peto I was wondering if you have had a chance to compare the two Palmolives yet? Had a great Palmolive shave tonight and was thinking of this thread again....:001_smile

Well, I try to be "normal" with my stuff and to have opened only few things. But my old Palmolive stick will be finished soon and then I'll report about the new one. Don't worry, I think about it. Every time I use Palmolive it gives me a great shave but now it has a rival - MWF :001_tt1:.

We'll I've received some Palmolives sticks from Germany! Berlin to be precise, and there all where with the Gut 2,2 sticker.
Wierd...
People let's dont' panic now..

Out shopping at the weekend, in Edinburgh, Scotland - I acquired the new formula. Both share the same barcode - it's a reformulation.

Both Made in Germany. Packaging slightly redesigned to take account of the removal of the test.de "Gut 2.2" 'badge'

Last edited:
Out shopping at the weekend, in Edinburgh, Scotland - I acquired the new formula. Both share the same barcode - it's a reformulation.

Both Made in Germany. Packaging slightly redesigned to take account of the removal of the test.de "Gut 2.2" 'badge'

Ok people...
It's ok to panic now!
:lol::lol::lol:

As Mr Eastwood would say, do you feel lucky? Well do you?

I bought a few at the weekend just in case, if nothing else I will sell them on at cost but I just can't help myself whenI hear of something going out of stock or being changed.

Oh well, guess I was wrong. :lol:

Ok people...
It's ok to panic now!
:lol::lol::lol:

Well, it might not be that bad. I mean the first three ingredients are Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, and Sodium Tallowate. It should work fine still, as they're all perfectly fine ingredients for shaving soap, but still we won't know for sure until we get some comparisons posted. A bit of a shame nonetheless, I really like the Palmolive shave sticks just they way they were. :sad:

When a product has been reformulated, does the barcode usually change, or remain the same? I seem to recall reading that the Williams UPC code changed -- but that could have been only because the UPC had to be reregistered under Combe when they took over. Did the barcodes on the Erasmic sticks change when the formulation change?

That the barcode is the same for both Palmolive sticks is both reassuring and worrisome... :confused1

Cheers,
Jimmy, who had hoarded the Smithkline Beecham Williams cakes before even realizing that what he was doing was a very good thing, at the time...

There's still plenty of the old formula out there - I only encountered the new in one shop (surprisingly it was a small pharmacy in the middle of a housing scheme - when I say small, from the doorway I could touch 3 of the 4 walls)

Top Bottom