What's new

Proraso Pre/Post for Ultra Sensitive Skin

Apparently there is a new version of the Proraso Pre/Post, this one specifically for "Ultra Sensitive Skin." I've seen it available for purchase here and here. Proraso doesn't even show the product on their site yet, as far as I can tell. Has anyone thrown caution to the wind and given this a shot?

I had not heard of this, but it looks good. I see on the picture in the link you've provided they also have a similar shaving soap for sensitive skin. Interestingly, while I have to be very careful about what I put on my face after shaving to avoid stinging and irritation, I don't have to be nearly as careful with pre-shave products. I use the regular Proraso Pre-Post shave as a pre-shave prep, rinsing it off before I apply lather, and have no problems. Same with the Musgo Real Glyce Lyme Oil soap. But if I apply either right after shaving - ouch!

:cool:

I broke down and ordered some of this stuff from The Gentleman's Shop. I'll post my impressions of it here once I've had an opportunity to check it out in person.

The stuff came in a couple of days ago, and I finally had a chance to give it a try today. First off, the labeling is entirely in Italian, which might explain why it isn't yet available in the US. The front of the box reads as follows:

PRORASO
PRE BARBA ANTI IRRITAZIONE
PELLI SENSIBILI
con Aloe, Tè Verde e Vitamina E
PREPARA LA PELLE ALLA RASATURA

The instructions on the side of the box are as follows:
CONSIGLI D'USO: Inumidite il viso e massaggiate delicatamente fino a completo assorbimento. Applicate schiuma o sapone e procedete alla rasatura desirata. Applicate nuovamente la Crema in caso di un secondo passaggio di rasoio.

The ingredients are listed as follows:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Parfum, Aloe barbadensis Gel, Camellia sinensis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Menthol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Hexyl Cinnemal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Potassium Hydroxide, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium ETDA, Pentaerythrityl Tetraditbutyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate.

I opened the jar and the contents look very similar to the regular Proraso Pre/Post. When I smelled the cream, though, the scent is nearly identical to the Proraso Aloe and Green Tea shaving soap. The consistency is slightly looser than the regular Pre/Post, and it seems a little creamier.

I applied it to a wet face and it seemed slicker than the regular, with much less of a menthol kick. I followed it with the Aloe and Green Tea soap and a two-pass shave. The shave was comfortable as usual, but I could not detect any real difference in efficacy between the regular and this new Pre/Post during the shave itself. After the shave was done, though, my face seemed smoother, with almost no shaving irritation. How much of that can be attributed to this new Pre/Post is subject to debate.

I would bet that, given the many face-friendly ingredients, this product might actually work better as an aftershave cream. I'll keep using it this week, and will post any further observations in this thread.

Interestingly, while I have to be very careful about what I put on my face after shaving to avoid stinging and irritation, I don't have to be nearly as careful with pre-shave products. I use the regular Proraso Pre-Post shave as a pre-shave prep, rinsing it off before I apply lather, and have no problems.
:cool:

+1

Same here. I have sensitive skin but strangely enough the Proraso regular pre-post shave cream doesn't bother me at all. Works really well.

I have been using the white preshave for a month now and it does a incredible job at reducing ingrow hair on my neck and soothing irritation during and after the shave (I use it as an aftershave too). I apply it with some water and lather directly over it. I use the Green Tea and Aloes soap with it and the mix is perfect. It does add a menthol sensation to any soap too but it is not comparable to the green version. IMO, the Proraso sensitive line is excellent.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I always use Proraso pre-shave cream before lathering.
I have both the Original green version and the brand new Sensitive one.
They are both truly marvellous.
In my opinion they are the best pre-shave treatments on the market.
Here in Italy the entire line of Proraso products is widely available, since you can find it almost everywhere: supermarkets, drugstores, shopping centers, etc.
And it's extremely cheap, too.

P.S. The Proraso pre-shave cream Sensitive here has an average price of €4.

Top Bottom