What's new

Picked-up two Gillettes

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Today the wife and I stopped at an antique place and looked around. I picked up two Gillette razors. Both are in very good condition.

The first is a three piece razor in gold (gold plating?) color. This one is in very good shape. Did not find any date stamp. It shows the Gillette logo and "Made in USA" and on the opposite site (the under site of the comb piece) some patent numbers "1815745 and 1858316" and also a "re-issue patent number 17567".
What kind of razor would this be and when was it made. I also would like to find out about if it is a rare type and how much it would be worth.

The other one is a TTO with a red tip and date code E2, I think this is a Super Speed. This one is also in a good to excellent condition and will be after some clean-up end up in my rotation.

First one sounds like a Gillette NEW from the 30s. Great shavers! The Red Tip is the most aggressive of the Super Speed line and are also highly regarded. Good scores!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Sounds like you found a Gillette New

This is exactly the razor without the Otto Roth engraving (the one pictured was made for "Rotbart" in Germany I believe). The razor is for me, considered the age, in very good to excellent condition, much in better shape than the one pictured. I will clean it up and give it a ride....

Top Bottom