What's new

Slashed my thumb.

I decided to take the old blade out of my Mekur/Tech razor. I held it by the ends, ecountered pressure and when it popped loose it rolled on my thumb. I had to use a blood coagulent to stop it. Next time, I think I will hold it in a towel.

Funny the neat stuff razors can teach you.

I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago ... picked up my razor by the wrong end, and got sliced pretty deeply.

Even a styptic pencil didn't stop the bleeding, but I wrapped it with tissue paper and just kept squeezing and letting it drip into the sink. It took about a half-hour, and numerous applications of styptic, before it stopped oozing.

Use lots of anti-biotic cream, and a skin-care type cream with Zinc, Vitamins A and D to rebuild the skin. Keep it covered with a bandage until it seals back up. Use lots of moisturizing hand cream to bring the skin back.

I can do without the bandage now. It stopped hurting after a day or so, but there was still an open wound, so I kept it covered for two weeks and treated it as described above. It left a nasty looking scar that still hasn't completely healed.

The best home treatment for deep cuts is superglue, it will save you a trip to get stitches if they were needed too.

+1!!!
I use super glue any time I get cut by paper or metal edges of something. It works great, and stop it from catching on your clothes and stuff as well.

yikes, sorry! I had an experience when trying to get a blade out of an injector to clean it that taught me my lesson. Hopefully we can avoid doing it again.

I've taped myself to stop bleeding before. Not super effective, and I still had to get steri-stripped to close it up, and I have a scar to this day, but I've learned my lesson about metal and drinking and getting yourself into stupid-bad situations.
Also, when taking the blade out of a tech, I've learned I should put it upside down against a table or other hard surface, push down on the bottom plate with two fingers,so I'm pretty far from the sharp edges, and then just turn the handle until it comes loose.

The edge of my razor caught me one day. Slightly split the webbing between my index and middle finger. It was just before my shave and it kept bleeding.

- Aaron

I only have 2 razors that i have to unscrew to get the blade out, when i do, i use the corners of the safety bar to grip when i unscrew the head.

This way, if i do slip, my fingers slip AWAY from the blade, instead of into it.

Also, i always put my adjustable razors to 1 after i'm done using them, that way if i do grab them by the head by accident, there is a low chance i get cut.

The funny part was it did not hurt that bad! (and it was a 7 shave Derby)

I got it to stop really fast with this powder called QR (quick relief). My daughter used to have nosebleeds that we could not seem to get stopped. Purchased this but never used it. I guess this stuff was 4-5 years old. It worked like a charm.

QR also has a formulation for cuts, lacerations. It is great, I know I will be buying more, plus some steri-strips. You know, I had changed that razor half a dozen times, with NO problems.

The funny part was it did not hurt that bad! (and it was a 7 shave Derby)

I got it to stop really fast with this powder called QR (quick relief). My daughter used to have nosebleeds that we could not seem to get stopped. Purchased this but never used it. I guess this stuff was 4-5 years old. It worked like a charm.

QR also has a formulation for cuts, lacerations. It is great, I know I will be buying more, plus some steri-strips. You know, I had changed that razor half a dozen times, with NO problems.

It's bound to happen at least once in your life. Welcome to the club, as it were. It didn't hurt that bad b/c it was that sharp. woo hoo. Anyhow, +1 (or whatever) on superglue for the cut. It works wonders too.

Top Bottom