What's new

Floris Rose Mouthwash

Anyone using this or tried it? I'm normally a "whatever's green and available" type of guy when it comes to mouthwashes, but i think maybe i can do better.

Thoughts?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... the mind boggles at how much this has got to cost ...

B R A N D X®;793394 said:
Never tried it, but Tom's is very good and relatively inexpensive. Lot's of variety too.

I've been using Tom's mouthwash for a few years now and I am quite pleased with them. I'm rather partial to the lemon-lime flavor, but once in while I'll get a mint variety for some kick. (The mint flavors burn just as much as Listerine in my opinion).

... the mind boggles at how much this has got to cost ...

It's not as prohibitive as you'd think. Because you only use a few drops, diluted with water, i'd imagine it would last a long time. An average large bottle of mouthwash here costs about £4 and lasts me and my girlfriend about two weeks. Floris costs £16... I would say it works out about the same price-wise, if not slightly better value. Bah, might just wait until payday and wince when I click the "buy now" button.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys but the UK is pretty backwards about mouthwash (insert your Prince Charles teeth comments here!), and we don't have much aside from Listerine, Plax, Colgate etc.

If you must, then go ahead, but I'm not sure how useful this stuff will be from a dental hygiene perspective. I suspect it has no fluoride, so at best might be an antibacterial.

Unfortunately, there's no listing of ingredients on the site, so its hard to tell whether it has much in the way of antibacterial properties. Since you only use a few drops, I suspect it's primarily a breath freshener (which seems to be confirmed by the description on the Floris site).

In other words, its not going to be as useful as the commercial mouthwashes - in particular those with fluoride.

16 quid (the price on the Floris site I looked at) would buy you a case of Binaca...

So, try if you must (and I'm certainly curious), but I suspect it tastes like soap (that's what rosewater often tastes like to people) and doesn't do much - however, you'll certainly be one of the few people who have this in their medicine cabinet!

Bump because I can't sleep (my enlarged prostate is acting up)

I used to get this all the time when I lived in New York. It was about $25/bottle. The bottle lasted forever, because you only use a few drops. Anyway, I can only find it for $55/bottle +S&H from the Floris of London website.

I'm not spending that much on mouthwash.

I'd seriously like to use it again, though, if anyone knows where to get for a decent price here in the states.

Top Bottom