What's new

Goodbye to an old friend

I just found out that Boulevard is retiring Dark Truth Stout. It's my favorite Stout of theirs and I'm not happy about it. The only thing to do is stock up while it's still available.

proxy.php

Nothing wrong with hoarding. I've done it myself. If you like it, carry on.

There are PLENTY of suitable replacements out there for the loss of your favorite. I've had so many stouts that I could classify in my top tier choices. Have fun, seek them out. If you can't find something, then you didn't try!

Don

It isn't my favorite of all stouts, so it can be replaced. But it is really good. My favorite is Winter Grind Coffee Stout from Mothers Brewery.

And there's always Guinness. If that was the only Stout left on earth, I'd still be happy.

I've tried a bunch of the micro brew stuff. I always come back to Guinness Extra Stout. In fact I am drinking one right now.

Man! Now I've REALLY gotta pay you a visit!

First stout I ever tried. And it was the beer that convinced me I actually did like beer... specifically stouts!

Man! Now I've REALLY gotta pay you a visit!

First stout I ever tried. And it was the beer that convinced me I actually did like beer... specifically stouts!

There still stock out there. But when it's gone, that's it! I bought almost all that the grocery store had, but I know Walmart has some as well. You should still be able to find some, if you want.

I haven't had that from Boulevard, but they make some great beers. I have only had a few and sadly you can't get them here...I'm working on that. My brother works for a distributor here so maybe he can put in a good word. My favorite from Boulevard is Rye on Rye. That is some seriously good stuff.

My favorite from Boulevard is Rye on Rye. That is some seriously good stuff.

I have two more bottles of that left, and a case of Rye on Rye Sazerac. It's great!

If you like that, You need to try Rye on Rye on Rye!!! It's seriously good stuff. Strong stuff, it'll knock you on your butt! I had it in their tasting room a while back. They are releasing it (limited) in bottles in January.

Also in February, they are coming out with (limited again) Scotch on Scotch!!!!

I have two more bottles of that left, and a case of Rye on Rye Sazerac. It's great!

If you like that, You need to try Rye on Rye on Rye!!! It's seriously good stuff. Strong stuff, it'll knock you on your butt! I had it in their tasting room a while back. They are releasing it (limited) in bottles in January.

Also in February, they are coming out with (limited again) Scotch on Scotch!!!!

Oh man! I see a trip to Missouri coming in my future. Now I just need to find a conference or training in MO so I can get my work to pay for the trip! :001_smile

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I feel your pain. Saint Arnold retired their Winter Stout, this year. To be fair, it was more of a porter, and it never sold well, but it was treasured among its fans.

The craft beer market is a weird one, right now. I see a lot of product line changes from a lot of breweries that are around twenty or thirty years old (like Boulevard and Saint Arnold), and I wouldn't be surprised to see more.

Top Bottom