What's new

December Theme Month 2016

Not a true vetiver but it does remind me of Vetiver.

Razor: Schick Injector
Blade: Schick Platinum plus (3)
Soap/cream: Stirling British Leather
Brush: Stirling 24mm Finest Fan Butterscotch
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel Aloe Vera
Aftershave2: Stirling British Leather
EDT: English Leather

proxy.php

What exactly is a barbershop scent?

Googling the internet, I find descriptions such as citrus, lavender, fougere, musk, herbs,...

I have no soaps with "barbershop" in the name, but I am wondering if any of my soaps/creams would qualify for this week's theme. What do you think, would an DR. Harris Arlington, ToBS Mr. Taylor or ToBS Eton College qualify as barbershop scents?

Googling the internet, I find descriptions such as citrus, lavender, fougere, musk, herbs,...

I have no soaps with "barbershop" in the name, but I am wondering if any of my soaps/creams would qualify for this week's theme. What do you think, would an DR. Harris Arlington, ToBS Mr. Taylor or ToBS Eton College qualify as barbershop scents?

I would classify Mr. Taylor as one.

Others have classified Arlington as one too I'm not one to argue. I however would not classify Eton College as one but wouldn't argue if someone did.

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

Last edited:
What do you think, would an DR. Harris Arlington, ToBS Mr. Taylor or ToBS Eton College qualify as barbershop scents?

​I put Arlington and Eton College in the citrus category. I don't remember Mr Taylor enough to describe the scent. All I recall is "cologne"

IMO TOBS Mr. Taylor is definitely a barbershop scent. I have the cologne and aftershave balm and when I wear it that's all that comes to my mind. I SMELL LIKE I'VE BEEN TO THE BARBERSHOP

Last edited:
12-5 vetiver shave
RR Black hawk / Kai Capt mild ( 7 )
Lovgren & Daughter silvertip
Victoria & Margaret vetiver soap
Witch hazel
Victoria & Margaret vetiver AS
Tom Ford grey vetiver edt

Quick question, I will start my Barbershop week off with B&M SEVILLE but I would like to know what you all think about RR MUDDER FOCKER as a barbershop scent?

Thank you for the replies, I am definitely taking part in the barbershop week.

December 7th, Barbershop week

DE: 34c
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
AS: DR Harris Arlington Aftershave Milk

BARBERSHOP 1

SETUP:
PRORASO PRESHAVE CREME
OMEGA BOAR BRUSH
PAL ADJUSTABLE/CHICK BLADE
B&M SEVILLE ( SWMBO LOVES THIS SCENT)
THAYERS CUCUMBER WH
PINUAD CLUBMAN VANILLA
$image.jpg

CCS THIS MORNING:shaving:

Razor: Mini Weck
Blade: Diane (1)
Soap/cream: Soap Commander Honor
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24 mm Envy White Knot
Aftershave2: Soap Commander Honor
EDT: Polo Blaze

proxy.php

Finished off vetiver week last night with Pure2O Vetiver. Definitely one of my favorites!
I'm going to go with Leviathan for Barbershop week. Leather chairs, guys sitting around drinking coffee, the scent of sandalwood in the air... Maybe not considered a "barbershop" scent, but I'm going with it. :blush:

For Wednesday, Dec 7th, to begin "Barbershop Week", it has to be Mike's Barbershop. Love it!
Excellent choice and one that I would have gone with if I didn't just use it a few weeks ago for the "Citrus in Fall" theme. Instead I decided to go with Tiki, my first experience with the brand so it should be fun!
proxy.php

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Dec 7 - Barbershop Week

Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: RR Plissoft
Razor: RR Teck II
Blade: Voskhod
Tonic: Witch Hazel
Spalsh: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

using this splash today made me think of whether or not Ghost Town Barber soap is a barbershop scent? If not, I have plenty of others to get me through the week. I think Razorock American Barber soap will be up on deck.

$SOTD 07dec2016.jpg

Dec. 7th shave barbershop week
RR black hawk / Kai Capt mild ( 8 )
Omega pro 49 synthetic
Strop Shoppe barbershop ( w / tallow )
Witch hazel
Maggard London barbershop AS
Polo black edc

The blade is starting to tug a little and gave a few tiny weepers on my neck, I'll give it one more go to rule out a random bad shave.

Dec. 8th, barbershop week

DE: 89r
Soap: Dr Harris Arlington
ASB: Dr Harris Àrlington After Shave Milk

Dec. 8

Razor: Mini Weck

Blade: Diane (2)
Soap/cream: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: Stirling Finest Fan in Butterscotch
Aftershave2: Stirling Barbershop

proxy.php