What's new

Big Blade PIF

I've spent enough time trying lots of blades. I've went thru so many I cant even keep track any longer. I should have made a log as I went along. That would have been a smart thing to do. So now I have lots of blades that I just don't need or didn't work for me or just never made it into the testing so I thought I'd give them away. Also some that I do enjoy and just want to share them.

To be part of this PIF you must...
be a member that is still trying blades.
And you must make a log of what works for you and what don't when testing all these blades out,
including any blades you already have. That's it!
(Remember that a blade should be used more than one time.
Three times if its still sharp for a good test). JMHO

I'm not looking for a review or these blades. Use them or pass them along to another, I don't care. Share with outhers as I have if you want.
Now to make the list of what I'm giving away...
25 different blade name/types
total of 38 to 40 blades

Super-Max Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Astra Super Platinum, Muhle, Personna Super, Treet Dura Sharp,
Bic, Gillette 7 o'clock super platinum (Black), Astra Superior Platinum, Feather, Trig Stainless, Rapira Plat Lux,
Treet Platinum, Shark, Bluebird, Zorrik Super Platinum, Pol Silver SI, Gillette Sharp Edge (Yellow),
Dorco Stainless Platinum, Voskhod, Derby... And a couple more.

Post up I'm in.
I'll pick a winner in 6 to 8 days.
Good luck.

Attachments

• $20161018_120528.jpg
    $20161018_120528.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 203
nice selection. Not in as I've tried most of those here, but a great PIF for those who havent experimented.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Very nice PIF, Jerry. Not in as I have all the blades I need for several years.

I'm in. There are bunch of blades on your list that I've never tried or heard of. Awesome pif by the way!

Lots of stuff I haven't tried there, I'm in. If I do win it may take me awhile to review them all though. I like to switch between DE, SE and injectors, and I rarely toss a blade before 10 shaves, some have made it to the mid 30's. Awesome PIF, thanks for the chance.

Not in.

Great selection for someone whose just starting out. You're right to emphasize the importance of keeping a log with comments.

Great selection of blades and nice PIF. Not in, but a great chance for the noobs out there to try some blades and maybe find a favorite.

In, please. Your point about making a log would be a good exercise. I've used a number of the ones you offer but have tended not to focus so much on which blades have worked better (or worse) for me).

Thanks!

Not looking for a review. I just want whoever wins to do himself a favor and keep a log. Not figure it out like i did. Lots of thinking and scratching my head saying, "i think this one was ok but only lasted 2 shaves". Come to find out on the second use it tore me up.

Thanks for the kind words. Its my second PIF. I sure enjoyed the first one. Good luck to all.

I'm in! I've only ever used Astra SPs and they're great but I'd really like to see what else is out there and can't justify spending my grocery money on them when I still have Astras left

Not in but fantastic PIF Jerry! I agree with keeping a log as at a certain point it just becomes too much to keep track of. I keep a simple word document with short comments on all blades, soaps, aftershaves and fragrances as I try them.

I'm in. Lots in there I haven't tried yet. I'm trying to find any blade that will take Feather, Lord Super Stainless, and Lord Super Chrome out of my top 3.

Not in but fantastic PIF Jerry! I agree with keeping a log as at a certain point it just becomes too much to keep track of. I keep a simple word document with short comments on all blades, soaps, aftershaves and fragrances as I try them.
Great Idea [MENTION=110569]Catalinbread[/MENTION]! I'm going to have to do that one myself. I got my blades figured out but soaps and razors and AS? I got to start a word doc. Sounds like a great idea! Thanks.

I'm in. Great selection!! Several I've tried and several I haven't. I love the different options of blades, razors, brushes, soaps, aftershaves, and everything else associated with wet shaving!!! There's way too many awesome options to try before settling down to 1 or 2!!

Top Bottom