What's new

Russian blades

I just purchased a sampler pack of the "from Russia with love" sampler from italian barber because the price was decent and I like the voskhod blades. The others I have mom idea about. Can someone me one tell the what the order Of sharpness is and any other info.

5-pack of Voskhod Teflon Coated DE blades
10-pack of Rapira Super Stainless
5-pack of Rapira Stainless
5-pack of Rapira Platinum Lux
5-pack of Rapira Swedish Supersteel
5-pack of Ladas Super Stainless

http://www.italianbarber.com/products/from-russia-with-love-double-edge-razor-blade-sampler-pack
Thanks!

The way each person experiences a blade is different. Your line up is a bit close. If I had to choose, I'd say (from sharpest to least)
1. Rapira Swedish
2. Rapira Platinum
3. Voskhod Teflon (after the first few swipes which wear through the teflon coat and get down to the actual blade edge)
4. Rapira Super
5. Ladas

Maybe the Voskhod is No.2, hard to say. But it gives a really smooth shave. As its a relatively cheap blade, I toss it after 3 or so shaves.

They're all good blades in their own right, not least because they're all made in the same factory.
I get the same results from all of them, but for me the Swedish Supersteel are the sharpest and the Ladas are the most comfortable.
They're all very consistent in quality and I can get 3 good shaves per blade from any of them

YMMV

Excellent blades IMO! For me these are all sharp and smooth, my choice depends on the razor. So I think you should not worry much about the order you try these blades.

the reason i wonder is that i bought the razorock quick change and tech 2. Both are mild shavers and had to work with the voshkod blades to a good shave. I love them in my aggressive razor but will probably have to get a sharper blade for those mild razors.

The way each person experiences a blade is different. Your line up is a bit close. If I had to choose, I'd say (from sharpest to least)
1. Rapira Swedish
2. Rapira Platinum
3. Voskhod Teflon (after the first few swipes which wear through the teflon coat and get down to the actual blade edge)
4. Rapira Super
5. Ladas

Maybe the Voskhod is No.2, hard to say. But it gives a really smooth shave. As its a relatively cheap blade, I toss it after 3 or so shaves.

This but Platinum Lux first.
All awesome blades, if you like Voskhod's you'll probably like the rest of the Mostochlegmash offerings!

They do make decent blades. I really enjoyed the Stainless and Voskhod, but to me they can't compare at all to the other side of Russian blades.

I've tried every one, except the Rapira Swedish. They are all fine blades. I was a little disappointed with Rapira Platinum Lux, as I expected them to be better than the other Rapiras, but they were pretty much the same.

I particularly like the rival Russian blades from the PPI factory in St. Petersburg. Gillette Silver Blue, Perma-Sharp, Polsilver Si, Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge, 7 o'clock super stainless - all are superb blades well worth investigating. Trying out different blades is one of my great pleasures. I hope you enjoy the process.

I've tried every one, except the Rapira Swedish. They are all fine blades. I was a little disappointed with Rapira Platinum Lux, as I expected them to be better than the other Rapiras, but they were pretty much the same.

I particularly like the rival Russian blades from the PPI factory in St. Petersburg. Gillette Silver Blue, Perma-Sharp, Polsilver Si, Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge, 7 o'clock super stainless - all are superb blades well worth investigating. Trying out different blades is one of my great pleasures. I hope you enjoy the process.

Have to agre with you on the Polsilver. Its part of my rotation too. Great stuff.

1 Rapira Platinum
2 Rapira Swedish
3 Vokshod
4 Sputnik
5 Ladas
6 Rapira super stainless

Sorry about using a list of Russian I sampled. I didn't include the Gillette's which behave differently. The Swede's and Platinum's are about the same. Two of the best blades I ever used the sharpest and smoothest.

I have no idea who owns Rapira. Has Proctor and Gamble bought them out along with Gillette? This could mean the apocalypse. So decide quickly. I just bought 200 platinum lux for under 20 bucks shipped from Russia off Ebay. Thinking of getting more.

Top Bottom