What's new

Forum problems with ipad

Starting last saturday I've been having problems staying logged in with my ipad. I'll post a new thread or reply and when I submit I get an error saying I have to be logged in. Sometimes I can submit again but usually I have to copy my text, login again, and paste. Sometimes it firces me to login a few times in a row so I just give up. I'll also be going through the new posts and after a few pages I'll go to the next and get an error to the effect of not found. If I refresh I get a blank screen. Sometimes I have to log in repeatedly, and it happens every time I'm here. I have no problems anywhere else so doubt it's my ipad. My cookie settings hasn't been changed nor has anything else. I have no problems from my pc or work pc and it's getting a bit frustrating. Has anybody else experienced issues when logging in from an ipad? I don't use tapatalk, I log in with Safari. It just happened again on this very post right after a reboot.

Have you tried it in another browser? I'm on a Macbook, but use Chrome without any problem. I recall having similar issues as you in Safari.

Have you tried it in another browser? I'm on a Macbook, but use Chrome without any problem. I recall having similar issues as you in Safari.

I'm not going to dl another browser just for one forum. If it was always a problem I'd consider it being an issue w/Safari, but I had no problems for the previous 10 months and no updates to Safari right before I started having problems.

I'm not going to dl another browser just for one forum. If it was always a problem I'd consider it being an issue w/Safari, but I had no problems for the previous 10 months and no updates to Safari right before I started having problems.

Yeah, I understand that. I became frustrated with it dropping out mid-post. You'd think Safari would have all the kinks worked out.

Last edited:
Well unfortunately that didn't solve the issue. I usually surf while I'm outside or in the garage having a cigar, looks like I'll have to log on from my pc from now on.

I've been logged in on my iPad using Chrome browser for over a year without having to log back in. Never a problem.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Third gen iPad and Safari user here- no problems. I didn't even have any problems on Friday when some windows users (including my work PC) were having page loading problems. A really silly question- have you rebooted it. If you're like me, you remember to do that once a month whether it's needed or not. :)

Third gen iPad and Safari user here- no problems. I didn't even have any problems on Friday when some windows users (including my work PC) were having page loading problems. A really silly question- have you rebooted it. If you're like me, you remember to do that once a month whether it's needed or not. :)

Reboot was the first thing I tried. This is getting to me, why does it only happen here? Maybe it's a good excuse to get a new iPad...

Few days back my laptop running Linux and using Firefox browser could not stay logged in and also had "script stopped running" errors here for about 24-48 hrs, but both issues have cleared up. I'll fire up the iPad.

This is with Safari on the iPad.

***edit**** It is not acting totally normal with the iPad the more I run it. Can not move the curser with my finger and after I post the curser stays floating and blinking outside the edit box on the posted area..... hhmmmmm.

Last edited:
Mine was working. Now mine is giving me problems. I can do anything else, but if I try to post a pic it tells me I don't have permission.

I am the opposite. In the last several days I am told I do not have permission and kicked of if I try to post a picture. Very frustrating.

Top Bottom