What's new

Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME) July 2016

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This restraint is for July 1-31, 2016.

All are welcome!

Rules:

1. No personal shaving purchases. Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle (PIF or Gifting). Members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return. Please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those gift items.
2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the duration of the restraint.
3. GIFT cards (including ebay bucks, credit card reward points, etc) cannot be redeemed for shaving items, even if the cards were purchased and/or received in previous months.
4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, cannot be paid for in the month of the restraint.
5. If you have to ask, it probably will put you out.
6. Previously questions came up regarding trades, particularly in regards to members who were in the Yearly or Quarterly restraints where trading is allowed. For the Monthly restraint, trading is not allowed, unless you are in a quarterly or yearly restraint (see below).

Exceptions:

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the June restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on July 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.
2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraints commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game).
3. Sue Moore Items are all exempt from the no buying rules. Treewhaling on anything Sue Moore related is HIGHLY encouraged.
4. Members who are in a Quarterly or Yearly restraint are allowed to trade, as per the rules for those restraints.
5. Members who are in a Quarterly or Yearly restraint are allowed to exercise their documented exceptions for those restraints without failing the monthly restraint.

This monthly restraint is perfect for those who have failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We welcome those who fail previous months and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the second day of the restraint.

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!

Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint. Anyone else that wants to assist with this effort is welcome.

Mods:
We humbly request you leave this thread in the General Shaving Discussion forum until June 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see the restraint. Afterwards, you can move the thread to Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Tips
Check out this Wiki article for tips on how to survive a restraint. It includes a comprehensive checklist to help you figure out whether you've got everything you need for the month.
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Help:...ve_a_Restraint

How to Join:

Copy the entire list below and add your number and name to the bottom. Also, you are welcome to update your signature to show you are in the restraint -- for example, GRUME -July #1. To do so, click Settings at the top of the forum and then click Edit Signature on the left.

1) CzechCzar
2)
3)

Logistics
Please update the list if you join or leave. Always look to the most recent non-reply version of the list to add/or delete yourself as a member.

Good luck, all!

I am signed up for the quarterly, so I might as well join the monthly. I will succeed this time.

1) CzechCzar
2) dkeester
3)

Listed to the GRU - fall as well, hoping that by finishing this month it will boost my confidence to complete the quarterly too

1) CzechCzar
2) dkeester
3) KQY61
4) bobmsp
5) byDoms
6) Claudel Xerxes
7)999mor
8)
9)
10)

1) CzechCzar
2) dkeester
3) KQY61
4) bobmsp
5) byDoms
6) Claudel Xerxes
7)999mor
8) gwsmallwood
9) Pepin
10)

I'm pretty sure I can do this!

I do have one question... I ordered a Blackbird razor a while back, and it shipped out this morning, which means i'll receive it during the restraint. I suppose this would not count as a purchased since it was payed for a while back?

Since charles_r is not definite yet:

1) CzechCzar
2) dkeester
3) KQY61
4) bobmsp
5) byDoms
6) Claudel Xerxes
7) 999mor
8) gwsmallwood
9) Pepin
10) Rory1262

I have one item to restock once I finish the June GRUME, but otherwise I should be able to keep rolling with what I have.

i'm in :) I'm almost ashamed at how many blades and soaps I own lol.

Full disclosure, while I do purchase many soaps, I also make my own. I have enough supplies to make soap for 5 years if I really wanted to. The process is addictive, so I often make new batches without being anywhere close to using the old ones.

In July, i'm comitting to only using what I have on hand right now. I won't be buying or making anything new.

1) CzechCzar
2) dkeester
3) KQY61
4) bobmsp
5) byDoms
6) Claudel Xerxes
7) 999mor
8) gwsmallwood
9) Pepin
10) Rory1262
11) charles_r

Last edited: