What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

Level 10?

I don't know what level 10 is but I can say I'm not getting a tablespoon of Dave's Ultimate in my mouth . . . maybe over a year.

One mans 10 is another mans 2.5

This is what I went through over a few months last year.. maybe the best sauce I have ever had.

$mauvis.jpeg

Also went through a bottle of their Cauterizer that although not as hot, was equally flavorful. Currently burning (see what I did there?) through a bottle of Satans Ghost which is just Habaneros, ghosts, vinegar and water. Love it. In addition, I am putting small amounts of this on things -

$da bomb.jpg

At 1.5 million scovilles, a little goes a looooooooooooong way.

One mans 10 is another mans 2.5

This is what I went through over a few months last year.. maybe the best sauce I have ever had.

View attachment 695390

Also went through a bottle of their Cauterizer that although not as hot, was equally flavorful. Currently burning (see what I did there?) through a bottle of Satans Ghost which is just Habaneros, ghosts, vinegar and water. Love it. In addition, I am putting small amounts of this on things -

View attachment 695391

At 1.5 million scovilles, a little goes a looooooooooooong way.
What exactly is that sauce (the top one)? I currently use El Yucateco's Kutbil-ik practically bathe my food in it because it no longer is hot enough. Would that sauce be a good step up, does it still taste good while bringing the heat (pretty sure da bomb isn't what I'm looking for).

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
What exactly is that sauce (the top one)? I currently use El Yucateco's Kutbil-ik practically bathe my food in it because it no longer is hot enough. Would that sauce be a good step up, does it still taste good while bringing the heat (pretty sure da bomb isn't what I'm looking for).

I was curious myself so I looked it up. Heartbreaking Dawn's Mauvais Sang.

The first is Mauvis Sang by Heartbreaking Dawns. Not sure if it is still produced. One of my favorites. DaBomb Final Answer is insanely hot. I only use 2 or 3 drops on anything, and even then, the drops are put in different places.

My current sauce is called Satans Ghost and has both the flavor and heat (well, hot to others). Have you tried any of the Blairs? For heat AND flavor, he's hard to beat.

The first is Mauvis Sang by Heartbreaking Dawns. Not sure if it is still produced. One of my favorites. DaBomb Final Answer is insanely hot. I only use 2 or 3 drops on anything, and even then, the drops are put in different places.

My current sauce is called Satans Ghost and has both the flavor and heat (well, hot to others). Have you tried any of the Blairs? For heat AND flavor, he's hard to beat.
I watch Hot Ones and the way they talk about Da Bomb makes me think the flavor isn't very good. I guess I will have to give Satan's Ghost a try (the name makes me think it will be just heat and nothing else interesting going on). You say it's flavorful so I guess I will give it a go. I am also going to give the Hot one's sauce a go.

Thanks.

I watch Hot Ones and the way they talk about Da Bomb makes me think the flavor isn't very good. I guess I will have to give Satan's Ghost a try (the name makes me think it will be just heat and nothing else interesting going on). You say it's flavorful so I guess I will give it a go. I am also going to give the Hot one's sauce a go.

Thanks.

Da Bomb is an extract. If you're looking for heat, this is where to look. Flavor? Nope.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I need a good hot and sour recipe- most Chinese places put mushrooms in it, and I don't do fungus.

I like putting various shapes of mushrooms in it but other things find their way into it from time to time.

2 quarts of chicken stock
1 lb block of tofu sliced into pieces that look like the gum that were in with hockey or baseball cards (or whatever shape you like)
Some pork or chicken I tend to use a couple of slices of black forest ham sliced into strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white or rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp or more to taste Sriracha
Veg other than mushroom for you zucchini, bell peppers, bamboo shoots (I thinly slice these)
1 Egg gets beaten and drizzled in at the end after stirring to create a vortex :lol:
I like it a bit thicker so 3 tablespoons of corn starch and 3 table spoons of water mixed together and into the soup then bring to boil to thicken.

A bit of ginger and white pepper does add something . . . green onions finely sliced for garnish.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like putting various shapes of mushrooms in it but other things find their way into it from time to time.

1 lb block of tofu sliced into pieces that look like the gum that were in with hockey or baseball cards (or whatever shape you like)
Some pork or chicken I tend to use a couple of slices of black forest ham sliced into strips
1/4 cup soy sauce
Veg other than mushroom for you zucchini, bell peppers, bamboo shoots (I thinly slice these)
1 Egg gets beaten and drizzled in at the end after stirring to create a vortex :lol:
I like it a bit thicker so 3 tablespoons of corn starch and 3 table spoons of water mixed together and into the soup then bring to boil to thicken.

A bit of ginger and white pepper does add something . . . green onions finely sliced for garnish.
Thanks

In this case meet me at the burger joint. In November, here in town we've got fifty-three local restaurants competing for the best burger creation as voted on by patrons. A dollar from each burger sold goes to the United Way. This is now in it's third year getting bigger & bigger. Anyone else have anything similar happening in their community?
The burgers...

http://novemburger.ca/the-novemburgers

dave

1/4 cup soy sauce

A few dashes of toasted sesame oil for garnish does wonders for the depth of flavor too.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey guys, I would love to sit down in any diner across this country or world with you. Buy me a coffee and I'll tell you a story.

I picked up a weird food liking from my father (my brothers actually both picked it up as well). Beef gravy over apple pie. No, I have no idea how he ended up doing it/trying it the first time...

I do recall that once in a while he would order it for dessert at whatever diner we were eating at. One place, the waitress did it, but she covered it with a napkin before carrying it through the place to serve it to him. lol

I once ordered it at the local 24/7 diner we used to hang out at a *LOT* back in my youth, and they insisted the only way they'd do that is by giving me the pie, and a side of gravy, and whatever I did with it was my own issue (so long as it wasn't something like throwing it around). The waiter then had to watch me in disbelief as I poured the gravy over the pie and proceeded to eat it.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I picked up a weird food liking from my father (my brothers actually both picked it up as well). Beef gravy over apple pie. No, I have no idea how he ended up doing it/trying it the first time...

I do recall that once in a while he would order it for dessert at whatever diner we were eating at. One place, the waitress did it, but she covered it with a napkin before carrying it through the place to serve it to him. lol

I once ordered it at the local 24/7 diner we used to hang out at a *LOT* back in my youth, and they insisted the only way they'd do that is by giving me the pie, and a side of gravy, and whatever I did with it was my own issue (so long as it wasn't something like throwing it around). The waiter then had to watch me in disbelief as I poured the gravy over the pie and proceeded to eat it.

That's funny. My granddad put gravy on everything...it was his favorite food group. If he would have known about your concoction it probably would have been served as the main meal at Thanksgiving.

That's funny. My granddad put gravy on everything...it was his favorite food group. If he would have known about your concoction it probably would have been served as the main meal at Thanksgiving.

That was always the drawback to Thanksgiving... apple pie was easily had, but it was the wrong kind of gravy, dangit! lol

Top Bottom