What's new

Meet Us At The Diner

It's a right of passage...no bum intended.

24 hours in and no "3rd burn", never really experienced that except in one case:

Local food truck owner here prides himself on the heat of his burritos, I told him to put as much as he can (mixed dried peppers). Topped it off with Trinidad Scorpion and Habenero sauce. The burrito was about the size of a small newborn, so it wasn't the spice, it was the quantity of it.

The next 18 hours were spent in agony...

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I think I may need to go to a Bob Evans restaurant and check out their new appetizer. :a23:

proxy.php

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Bob Evans may be the first place I eat when I visit Ohio. I haven't been home since 92. Has BE changed much?

I haven't been to them for a couple/three years or more, but last I was they were still pretty good. They were giving out free samples of their new candied bacon and the reviews were good.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016...b-evans-restaurants-as-bacon-craze-continues/

I did read that the candied bacon was part of a revamped menu.

http://www.meatpoultry.com/articles...spx?ID={65EC6EF2-CDB9-48C2-99B2-9BF2577D26FC}

I had a burger with Candied Bacon this weekend. Went to a new place near me called Bar One -- kind of a "hip" cocktail bar and bistro.
Had their "Black Burger" - Black Angus beef, Black Garlic aioli, candied bacon and carmelized onion. Was quite good.

Also had Duck Confit Poutine. Oh, that was AMAZING!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I had a burger with Candied Bacon this weekend. Went to a new place near me called Bar One -- kind of a "hip" cocktail bar and bistro.
Had their "Black Burger" - Black Angus beef, Black Garlic aioli, candied bacon and carmelized onion. Was quite good.

Also had Duck Confit Poutine. Oh, that was AMAZING!

Sounds like a nice burger. The duck confit poutine is part of the quiet revolution as Quebec secures its route to Florida.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Today was inducted into Austin's top 7 days of the year weather wise. 50-80, low humidity, sunny, north wind and great air quality.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have to admit that every time I see this thread title, Howlin' Wolf's Meet Me At the Bottom pops in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally fired up my rice cooker last night, and made my first batch of beans and rice. The kids each asked for a second helping, so I consider that a birthday miracle. HA! :D

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hot Sauce Pepper Heads??? I believe I absolutely qualify. I WANT IN!!!

Ah, tis easy to join but with one requirement. Go pick out your favorite level 10 heat hot sauce, fill up a tablespoon with the concoction, place in mouth swirl around and say, "may I have another?" You must take a picture of the hot sauce in the spoon and post back in the "Hot Sauce Junkie" thread. After that your application will be pending upon approval.

Here's a link to the Hot Sauce Junkie thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/390846-Hot-sauce-junkie

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Level 10?

I don't know what level 10 is but I can say I'm not getting a tablespoon of Dave's Ultimate in my mouth . . . maybe over a year.

Top Bottom