What's new

Aggressive

I have a R41 and an IKON Tech... I use the Tech everyday and love it. Great supper aggressive razor.

CAN you guys point me in the direction of another Head that is considered Tops in Aggressiveness?

AND been wanting to try a Vintage safety or a Fatip. Which one should I be looking for that would be aggressive like I need?

Thank you Gentleman.

I like the Fatip, not quite the aggressiveness of the R-41, but close. Totally different feel. Red Tip SS isn't even close.

An adjustable...
Either a Gillette Slim, Fatboy or Black Beauty, made in your birthday year if you can get hold of one
Or
More unusual, but mine are spot on...
Wizamet W-11 Adjustable from Poland (based on the Gillette Super Adjustable) or Ideal Adjustable from Russia (based on the Gillette Slim Adjustable)
Harder to find and on my wishlist, my Holy Grail of Russian Adjustables is the Consul Adjustable (based on the Gillette Fatboy), usually in a presentation case commemorating the 1980 Olympics

The Wolfman WR1-OC head with a custom blade gap of 0.74 or bigger if you can get one. There is also shimming the blade on a head you already have which I have heard about but never tried.

Bob

I've never tried either of your razors, but I do think everyone needs at least one of each of these OLD, Adjustable, and NEW. The short comb NEW would be more aggressive than the long comb in my experience anyway.

To me I find the Fatip just as aggressive as the R41 (2013). They just feel different. I fine the Fatip much smoother than the R41 and it is made of brass not pot-metal.

$Fatip Fine.jpg

I've never tried either of your razors, but I do think everyone needs at least one of each of these OLD, Adjustable, and NEW. The short comb NEW would be more aggressive than the long comb in my experience anyway.

The NEW SC rules, especially if you get one with the right cap!

I also have the SC Tech and R41-13 - these are my favorites. The V3A is not all that aggressive, IMO.
The Gillette OLD Type is pretty good, and you should try a devette.

I also agree that the Maggard V3A is not all that aggressive. My Future with a sharp blade on setting #6 will give a less aggressive shave than the R41, but I feel that the Futur leaves my skin feeling smoother than when using the R41.

Top Bottom