What's new

How many shave do you get out of per blade with Gillette Silver Blue

The last big run I had with a Gillette Silver Blue was 14 shaves. That only ended because I took the blade out of my razor to rise it and my razor more thoroughly, and I accidentally dropped the blade. I haven't tried reclaiming that out of a sense of frustration because of the last time. I'll attempt it again though, possibly on my next razor and blade change.

Right now, I'm taking part in the Fatboy February and One Blade in February events here. Yesterday, I managed another shave with a Derby Extra for three passes. That's two days of shaves like that. I'll have to see how far that blade takes me...

I get 3-4 quite nice shaves. Maybe 3 and out for my slants (not sure why, but slants tend to kill blades a little quicker in my hands)

I have to say, GSBs have spoiled me on other blades. I used to love Personna Blue/Labs, I find they're a little less smooth now after GSBs.

Last edited:
I hit 12 and 14, 2 pass head shaves on my last 2. I'm signed up for one blade February with 1, currently on 7 hoping to hit 29.

Depends on the razor for me. The NEW SC is my favorite for blade longevity, blades don't last as long in the NEW LC. I've only taken it to 11 or 12, on 8 so far for one blade February.

I do four and toss them. Anything beyond that and I lose count or it's been over two weeks.
Being new, I also like to keep a sharp blade as i know my technique isn't the best. I'm sure as I get better, my blades will last longer.

G'day :thumbup:

Okay I'm see all the feedback here is getting between 3 to 5 with the GSB which seem reasonable, thank you all :thumbup1:

Great blades IMO! I toss them after 7 days, although GSBs can likely go longer I like a new one to start the weekend!

interesting, the last GSB i used only gave me 2 shaves. i also only do 2 passes, sometimes 3 but not with any regularity. but then again im still new to DE shaving so im chalking it up to inexperience more so than the blade.

I'm using my first Silver Blue and today was day twenty eight of three pass shaves. To be continued...
dave

Calling it a day. Today was the 33rd day of three pass shaves. Still no tugging, just not as efficient. Be interesting to see how the next one performs.

dave

Incredible. I've made 22 shaves now, with a Nacet, and that's the best I can do. I'm only a single pass shaver though, so I guess that would be like a week if I was doing three passes.

Top Bottom