What's new

Is it my imagination or what?

As some of you know I have recently started using Noxema Classic cream as a preshave cream. I alternate between the Noxema and Proraso White preshave cream. And I am noticing that I am getting closer shaves than usual...dare I say closer than I would get without the preshave creams. My products and technique have not changed. The only new factor has been the introduction of a preshave cream. Am I losing my marbles or have others also experienced closer shaves after introducing a preshave cream? :blink:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don't use preshave cream. I don't need it.

Some other members may give you a good answer.

But I wish you a Merry Christmas.

I use the Proraso White before every shave, and I get great results. I have nothing to compare it to because I have used it from very early in my wet shaving journey. I am toying with trying Noxema.

Heck if you like it just use it. You make the call, not anyone else. Some people use olive oil for a pre shave and some use olive oil to shave with. That ought to tell you something?

I have used prorasso pre shave and love it. However with all the talk I bought a tub of noxema classic. It is a really good pre shave. As good as prorasso white for me.

Your own experience is all you need, if it's obviously working for you stick with it. And to be honest, you've made me curious. I may get some myself to try.

I use Myrsol Emulsion every day as a pre shave. I believe my shaves are better as a result. See my signature.

I tried the Noxema today. it worked pretty well.. the shave was not much closer as I'm using a pretty agressive razor to begin with, but my face felt a bit better afterwards

I go through phases of using the Proraso Green pre-shave cream and not using it. I really enjoy the shaves I get when I use it even though "I don't need it". I don't need twenty soaps, three razors and three brushes but I enjoy all of them too :)

As some of you know I have recently started using Noxema Classic cream as a preshave cream. I alternate between the Noxema and Proraso White preshave cream. And I am noticing that I am getting closer shaves than usual...dare I say closer than I would get without the preshave creams. My products and technique have not changed. The only new factor has been the introduction of a preshave cream. Am I losing my marbles or have others also experienced closer shaves after introducing a preshave cream? :blink:
Yes I did. I used Proraso pre shave oil and it did add more slickness to the lather. Later I switched to olive oil and it worked better than the Proraso pre shave oil, your face will very smooth and soft if you use olive oil as a pre shave oil.

Top Bottom