What's new

October 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up this Dubl Duck Satinedge from the bay. It's a USA market model. It was in great shape. All I had to do was hone it.

Attachments

• $IMG_6738.jpg
    $IMG_6738.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 164
  • $IMG_6739.jpg
    $IMG_6739.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 165
  • $IMG_6740.jpg
    $IMG_6740.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 168
$IMG_6733.jpg$IMG_6734.jpg$IMG_6735.jpg$IMG_6736.jpg$IMG_6737.jpg

Here's another score from the bay. I saw this Frederick Reynolds Rattler and fell in love with it. In the last two pics you can see where I cleaned the blade up a little bit and honed it. It was not easy to hone this sucker. It took the hair off my arm but I have my doubts about how close of a shave it'll give me on my face. If it doesn't, then I'll attempt to hone it again.

Some fringe benefits from today's job.:biggrin1:
$20151015171918.jpg
J-2 Slim
H-4 Super-109 "Black Beauty" (first Birthday razor in the fleet)
I-1 Black Handle Super Speed
2 English Knacks(?)
Rubberset 203
Blades and styptic pencils I'm not sure I would use but grabbed them anyways
All in one estate

Some fringe benefits from today's job.:biggrin1:
View attachment 608003
J-2 Slim
H-4 Super-109 "Black Beauty" (first Birthday razor in the fleet)
I-1 Black Handle Super Speed
2 English Knacks(?)
Rubberset 203
Blades and styptic pencils I'm not sure I would use but grabbed them anyways
All in one estate

The brush can be reknotted with a new know. Stop by the brush forum

To all nice scores. Keep them coming!!!!

I'm mostly buying used right now, to identify the vendors that I want to dig in to futher:

AOS sandalwood tallow, new - $8
MWF in ceramic bowl, lathered a few times - $22
$31 shipped for Castle Forbes lavender, around 70% and
Soap Commander Inspiration , over 97%

$DSC_0440.jpg$DSC_0436.jpg$DSC_0438.jpg

I asked Peter for a custom color resembling lapis, this is how it turned out. 26mm ubersoft 2, raptor shape. This brush is a thing of beauty.

Just returned to the States from a family visit to Switzerland. In addition to a ton of chocolates :tongue_sm, I picked up a backup bottle of Swiss Pitralon aftershave (I still have two in reserve), two bottles of Speick aftershave splash, two tubes of Speick shaving cream, two Speick shave sticks, and a tub of Speick shaving soap. Did I mention that I like Speick products? :lol: Prices were considerably less that here in the U.S., the Swiss Franc exchange rate is close to one to one now, and I didn't have to pay mail order shipping, so it was a good deal all-around.

My order from shaving.ie just arrived at the door. All the soaps smell fantastic!
-RazoRock Mudder Focker & Tobacco #1
-Nanny's Silly Soaps Signature Citrus Zinger
-The Recruit Polished Stainless Steel Handle
$IMG_20151026_160713.jpg

Grabbed two Gillettes from the antique store in my hometown while visiting. Just liked the looks of both. Didn't plan on using either. Got home and did some cleaning of the "red" one and thought I would give it a try. Loved the shave!!!! What a great razor. After a bit of research since I liked it and found out the obvious...it's a Super Speed Red Tip. Paid $15 for the Travel Tech and $12 for the Red Tip. :)$image.jpg$image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom