What's new

Mudder Focker! Or something else?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have been hunting for some time for an aftershave that has great skin conditioning properties (I have sensitive skin) and great, long lasting smell. I have a tiny sample of Floid Vigoroso and a bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum Vanilla as my gold standard. Nothing else has come close.

I have tried Myrsol (left my skin feeling too tight and not well enough moisturized), Razorock Baby Blue (great smell, didn't last long enough, Chiseled Face (alright skin conditioning, smell is fleeting). At the end of this restraint I am thinking of buying either some Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements samples, or risking it and buying a RR aftershave.

Can anyone comment as to the healing/scent longevity of PAA? And with RR, can anyone tell me what smells I would like? I love Bay Rum and the scent of Mudder Focker Soap. I kind of despise sandalwood, Stetson Cologne, and cowboy scents.

I hear that the RR Muther Focker AS is great. Can anyone confirm this?

What should I get asfaghsfjhs/??

Try adding some glycerin to your aftershaves. To test it, put a little bit of glycerin on your palm then add some AS and apply. I've added it to most of my AS' now. With the ones I haven't, I just put a small drop of glycerin on my Paul before applying.

I have sensitive skin and love Pinaud Clubman and Aqua Velva. Both leave my skin feeling great and have scents that last a while. Love the length of the scent from my Windsor aftershave, but I found it to be a bit drying. Doing as another poster mentioned and adding some glycerin to my palm first helped immensely. Also hard to beat my vintage Avon aftershaves. **Also should mention the aftershaves from Stirling Soap. Very moisturizing and the ones I've tried smell great!**

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
IMHO of course but...I found several PAA AS that are fantastic for healing & longevity of scent..CaD (similar but lighter than Fine's AB/Rive Guache, Al Fin is superb, however I found their Bay Rum way too heavy/spicy. PAA sample vials are tiny & uausually good for one use, keep in mind...you may want to spring for a couple of each scent you may be interested in to make sure you like.

RR Mudder Focker AS is easily one of my new favorites! It's based on Boellis Panama 1924 and definitely has a similar classy, powdery but masculine vibe to it. If you buy and don't like it, at less than $12 I'll gladly purchase a third bottle as a back up!

Out of curiosity, what are your other favorites?

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
During warmer months I like T&H 1805, Agua Lavanda Puig (use the cologne as an AS), Fine Fresh Vetiver, & Fine Platinum

..and for the colder seasons enjoy Crown Shaving Co AS Tonic, both Dr Harris & AoS Sandalwoods, Wm Neumman & Co Heartwood, RR Baby Blue/Vitos Aftershave (honestly can't tell the difference)..both the Ogallala Bay Rum Vanilla & their BR Sandalwood, Alpa Fougere

I have an embarassing amount of AS splashes...and many favorites as well! hope this helps

Sounds like your tastes are very similar to mine.

I love ogallala vanilla/sandalwood - it is the only sandalwood I have ever loved.
RR Baby Blue is great, but the scent doesn't last long enough.
Heartwood is my favorite from WM Neumman, but I can't justify the price.

I am now curious about Alpa Fourgere.

I have been hunting for some time for an aftershave that has great skin conditioning properties (I have sensitive skin) and great, long lasting smell. I have a tiny sample of Floid Vigoroso and a bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum Vanilla as my gold standard. Nothing else has come close.

I have tried Myrsol (left my skin feeling too tight and not well enough moisturized), Razorock Baby Blue (great smell, didn't last long enough, Chiseled Face (alright skin conditioning, smell is fleeting). At the end of this restraint I am thinking of buying either some Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements samples, or risking it and buying a RR aftershave.

Can anyone comment as to the healing/scent longevity of PAA? And with RR, can anyone tell me what smells I would like? I love Bay Rum and the scent of Mudder Focker Soap. I kind of despise sandalwood, Stetson Cologne, and cowboy scents.

I hear that the RR Muther Focker AS is great. Can anyone confirm this?

What should I get asfaghsfjhs/??

What's a cowboy scent? Like farm/field cowboy or suburban cowboy? I am intrigued as I have no idea as a northerner in the mid Atlantic. Is it earthy like hay and cow pies? Or "classic" like brut and old spice? Or is like saddle leather and tobacco?

Try adding some glycerin to your aftershaves. To test it, put a little bit of glycerin on your palm then add some AS and apply. I've added it to most of my AS' now. With the ones I haven't, I just put a small drop of glycerin on my Paul before applying.

Huh? :blushing: your Paul ? :tongue_sm. i had to check if I was still on B&B. And what the topic was... Is Yorkshire in the UK and I just don't know UK slang? Or just over exuberant autocorrect?

Keep in mind PAA have alum so they may have more burn then just alcohol splashes and they are heavily fragranced if you have sensitive skin.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
What's a cowboy scent? Like farm/field cowboy or suburban cowboy? I am intrigued as I have no idea as a northerner in the mid Atlantic. Is it earthy like hay and cow pies? Or "classic" like brut and old spice? Or is like saddle leather and tobacco?

I don't know exactly how I'd classify it... Sandalwood, or leather, I guess. I hate those two. I love old spice, and tobacco.

Top Bottom