What's new

Falling out of Love

After 17 years or more of this, I've come to a more workmanlike or functional preference to soaps. So now it's Cella, Proraso green, Fine American blend, Santa Maria del Fiore and Canada Shave soap.

Brian, I do love that idea. I will aspire to it. Eventually living with just 5 soaps. There is something enlightening about it. I like it the more I think about it.

How long ago have you narrowed it down to those soaps?

What soaps have given you decent results?

I’ve been lucky in that so far I haven’t had a soap that I grew to dislike enough to cut it with something else. The ones I didn’t like, or didn’t agree with my skin, I gave away almost immediately.

I’ve added a little dollop of cream (Proraso, Speick or Palmolive) onto old soap nubs that had lost most of their scent (Tabac, Wiliksonsword) to make really rich lather though.

OMG!!!! I LOVE a boiled hotdog in steamed bun with sauerkraut and the barest hint of yellow mustard! But it has to be a pork hotdog. Beef dogs are just greasy and nasty tasting.
I don't know where to get an all pork hot dog.

I don't know where to get an all pork hot dog.
Sorry, I over generalized. They're usually turkey/chicken and pork. I prefer them because they're far less greasy than all beef dogs and have a softer and smoother texture. Most/any grocery store should have them.

Brian, I do love that idea. I will aspire to it. Eventually living with just 5 soaps. There is something enlightening about it. I like it the more I think about it.

How long ago have you narrowed it down to those soaps?
Hard to say... it just kinda happened and have only recently paid more attention to it. I would say about six months to a year. There's also some seasonal variance in there, I use the green more often in warmer weather. SMDF more use in fall winter. The others are more consistent year round.

I don't know how enlightened it is as much as managing my own soap FOMO, my wife's scent sensitivity, and general austerity. I'm older now, farming instead of tech work, less concerned with stuff in general...and the money is not there to splash out on the ever changing soap landscape the way I used to.

Top Bottom