What's new

Lost Posts

For some reason, I was docked 33 posts this morning. Was there some system problem?

TIA for any assistance.

I've lost posts before when they've moved threads to different forums. Some of the non shaving related brotherhood type forums don't give you post count credits for posting. A total guess on my part, but I'd suspect they moved a thread or two that you've been posing in to one of the brotherhood forums that doesn't give post credits, causing your post count to drop.

I don't pay much attention to my post count once it got above the point where the titles stopped changing as frequently. I do look at other's sometimes (in addition to their last activity date) but only to only make sure they're active enough here to risk sending them a passaround box.

A while back when they moved a bunch of stuff all at once there were some threads created because everyone was wondering why their post counts dropped so much all of a sudden. Mine dropped several hundred at the time.

I don't understand why every post on the forum doesn't count but it's not my call so I can only assume that they have a good reason.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
David above is right.

Some sections of the forum do not count in the post count. If some of your posts (that count) are merged in an area of the forum where it doesn't count, then your post counter will drop. The other way around is also possible where you posted in an area where posts are not counted, moved to an area where it counts will up your post count.

The first scenario would explain your current situation.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

1. Collect BSAGuy postcount
2. ??
3. Profit.

David above is right.

Some sections of the forum do not count in the post count. If some of your posts (that count) are merged in an area of the forum where it doesn't count, then your post counter will drop. The other way around is also possible where you posted in an area where posts are not counted, moved to an area where it counts will up your post count.

The first scenario would explain your current situation.
I just became aware of this.

Also...posts to those sections/brotherhoods don't show up when you a "New Posts" search...

Is there a logical reason for that? Or a system tech issue?

I am just curious, not making a big deal. To me a post is a post...not sure why they are invisible.

For some reason, I was docked 33 posts this morning. Was there some system problem?

You have 25,380 posts (as of this post)..... does 33 really matter? :001_rolle

And seriously how did you even notice? Is your post count the first thing you look at when you log on?:tongue_sm

I just became aware of this.

Also...posts to those sections/brotherhoods don't show up when you a "New Posts" search...

Is there a logical reason for that? Or a system tech issue?

I am just curious, not making a big deal. To me a post is a post...not sure why they are invisible.

I believe it was intended to discourage people from spending all of their time in certain areas and not contributing to other areas of the site.

And seriously how did you even notice? Is your post count the first thing you look at when you log on?:tongue_sm

I went down triple digits when they made the "lunch with Ouch" section not count :sad:

I believe it was intended to discourage people from spending all of their time in certain areas and not contributing to other areas of the site.
???

Why would anyone (mod, B&B in general, or...anyone) want/need to do that? This is a forum...one should be able to poke around and linger anywhere one pleases. And how would this "feature" prevent such behavior?...especially if nobody knows about it.

Surely this can't be the reason. I'm compelled to throw the BS flag on this...:bored:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
???

Why would anyone (mod, B&B in general, or...anyone) want/need to do that? This is a forum...one should be able to poke around and linger anywhere one pleases. And how would this "feature" prevent such behavior?...especially if nobody knows about it.

Surely this can't be the reason. I'm compelled to throw the BS flag on this...:bored:

People would actually have to care about their post count for that to have any effect. :001_rolle

???

There was a thread about it last year - http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/401994

The formation of the new groups and clubs subforum.
Groups and clubs have been moved there, and like the clownhouse, site feedback, post testing, reviews and the BST, posts made there do not count.
Some folks have over a thousand posts in the group threads only.
This move rights the ship.

I took that to mean there was too much time was being spent in the C&B threads instead of other threads. What else could it mean?

I agree. Looking at the count is just another outlet for one of my many mental frailties.

Top Bottom