What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to the Broncos and their fans. Their D was ridiculous. I thought it was a very interesting game. Worst QB play (both sides) that I have ever seen in a Superbowl. But still entertaining.

I'm a Chiefs fan but I have to congratulate the Broncos. There were a few games this year (including the Chiefs win in Denver) that made me think going into the playoffs that maybe the Broncos defense wasn't as good as the stats showed.

My prediction for the Superbowl was that if Denver's defense played the way they did against the Patriots in the playoffs, Denver would win the game. Their defense was playing on a whole different level last night. They were outstanding. They were slicing through Carolina's front lines like they weren't even there and Carolina didn't have any answers.

As a Defense Guy, I must say well done before I go back into "AFC West Mode" and start ridiculing and badmouthing the Broncos again......

proxy.php

I'm a Chiefs fan but I have to congratulate the Broncos. There were a few games this year (including the Chiefs win in Denver) that made me think going into the playoffs that maybe the Broncos defense wasn't as good as the stats showed.
Well, Ware and Talib were out, Sanders was playing hurt, and Manning was damn near crippled in that game when he got benched. And the Chiefs are a good team.
My prediction for the Superbowl was that if Denver's defense played the way they did against the Patriots in the playoffs, Denver would win the game. Their defense was playing on a whole different level last night. They were outstanding. They were slicing through Carolina's front lines like they weren't even there and Carolina didn't have any answers.
It was impressive, not quite as bad as Seattle beat down Denver a couple years ago, which is what motivated Denver's defensive arms race that led to this.
As a Defense Guy, I must say well done before I go back into "AFC West Mode" and start ridiculing and badmouthing the Broncos again......
As it should be [emoji6]

That first challenge looked like a catch to me.
Didn't look to me like he maintained control all the way to the ground which is the standard as I understand it, no matter what what the announcers are saying.
All i can say is that it looked like the ball never touched the ground. Which should equal a complete. So far the game has been entertaining. So I guess i can't complain much.
Well that's what the announcers were saying but I believe that wasn't the issue.
Not sure I understood this one correctly. I saw a replay today that showed the ball touching the ground. NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino explained it on Twitter...
$uploadfromtaptalk1454964974957.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
The half-dozen friends we had over though I was nuts when i predicted Denver at 19-10 or 19-13 with von Miller as MVP. I'm happy the the Bronco's won and, being an Giants fan, was laughing out loud at Eli's dumbfounded look. :lol:

Now that the Super Bowl is over the NFL can finally get down to investigate their HgH problem. Ha...Ha!
Have fun with that. Peyton doesn't seem worried. At any rate, Elvis has left the building. Won't see him in a Broncos uniform again, that's what his dad said yesterday and I believe it.

The half-dozen friends we had over though I was nuts when i predicted Denver at 19-10 or 19-13 with von Miller as MVP. I'm happy the the Bronco's won and, being an Giants fan, was laughing out loud at Eli's dumbfounded look. :lol:
I wanna believe Eli was happy for Peyton. I do believe it really, but...
proxy.php

I don't actually think Eli has an enormous range of expressions, but I've seen him smile! You can just see Archie looking at him like "Really?" Brothers, what can you do? [emoji6]

Have fun with that. Peyton doesn't seem worried. At any rate, Elvis has left the building. Won't see him in a Broncos uniform again, that's what his dad said yesterday and I believe it.

Peyton was pretty smart in getting counsel to hire storm troopers to scare Sly. More probable than not a payoff to recant too. We'll get the real story in a few years, even if the NFL isn't interested. Will be pretty embarrassing if MLB finds violations with their players and NFL finds nothing.

If I were Elway I'd let Thomas go too. Soft as Dairy Queen Soft Serve left out in the mid-day sun.

Peyton was pretty smart in getting counsel to hire storm troopers to scare Sly. More probable than not a payoff to recant too. We'll get the real story in a few years, even if the NFL isn't interested. Will be pretty embarrassing if MLB finds violations with their players and NFL finds nothing.

If I were Elway I'd let Thomas go too. Soft as Dairy Queen Soft Serve left out in the mid-day sun.

Good luck with your conspiracy theory there. You know the X-Files is back if you like conspiracies. Thomas hasn't looked nearly as good since he got the big contract as when he was after the big contract. Not a shocker I guess, but disappointing. Emmanuel Sanders has been more solid. Hell Peyton took a pay cut this last year so Thomas might not be untouchable. Depends on the contract details I guess. Peyton actually earned his money back though, $2 million for the AFC championship, and another $2 million for the Super Bowl.

They better get creative in their bookkeeping again like they were in their last SB wins. They fired those sneaky snakes in the grass accountants, but maybe they are still available. Thomas is guaranteed a lot of money, 43.5M over the course of the contract. I'd have his agent on the phone today. Von Miller will be franchised, but they need to sign Jackson, Trevathan etc. and would be smart to lock up some others on D long term.

I'd like to send Peyton a congratulatory gift. Don't suppose anyone knows what beer he drinks or what pizza he eats? :001_smile

They better get creative in their bookkeeping again like they were in their last SB wins. They fired those sneaky snakes in the grass accountants, but maybe they are still available.
Man, you really don't like the Broncos. Maybe you need to read the stories again. I've already posted the links. The Broncos didn't free any cap space with what they did, according to the NFL. They did break rules, and were severely punished for it, twice actually.
Thomas is guaranteed a lot of money, 43.5M over the course of the contract. I'd have his agent on the phone today. Von Miller will be franchised, but they need to sign Jackson, Trevathan etc. and would be smart to lock up some others on D long term.
I'm not privy to who they actually need to sign. Von Miller for sure. You can't keep everyone. Many will have to be replaced as we've been doing all along. I trust Elway to do the best possible.
I'd like to send Peyton a congratulatory gift. Don't suppose anyone knows what beer he drinks or what pizza he eats? :001_smile
I have no idea what pizza he eats, but he owns 21 Papa John's franchises in a state with legalized Mary Jane. Everyone says he's smart! He famously claims to drink Bud all the time. He's not paid to do that as it's against NFL rules. However his investment portfolio includes part ownership of two Anheuser-Busch distributors in his native Louisiana. As you probably know, Anheuser-Busch brews Bud. So, self serving but not illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom