What's new

Nfl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The Wolf said the car doesn't care what you say about it, [emoji6]

I'm sure that the Wolf is correct, and that the misogynistic vehicle will join the Yugo in the Pantheon of Panthers lost .. so to speak

Snooze Bowl! This should be the Super Bowl they loose the tape. Going to be lots of Super Bowl kids conceived during this one. Off to find the curling channel.

Big bummer. Carolina D has played great. Offense, not so much. Tribute to the awesome Denver D. Fast as greased lightning.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
At least the balls seemed to be regulation. The Super Bowl generally sucks anyway, as a football game, but this is as late as I've watched in some years.

The only thing that surprised me was Denver's lack of offense. And then it dawned on me. As much as it seems a joke, it was eerily similar to the ridiculous premise Jerry Reed pulled in The Waterboy. "Hey y'all. What do you think of my new offense?" I mean, at first I was dumbfounded in the second half when Denver chose to simply run the ball three times and punt. What? This isn't the gunslinger I know in Peyton Manning. They simply ran clock and told Carolina they were not going to move the ball or score on them That's how dominant their defence is. I should know. My K.C. Chiefs play them twice per year. We lost to them at home and dominated them at Denver. So what gives tonight?

I chalk it up to too much Carolina hype. It may aggravate some NFC fans but that conference simply does not have the two most dominant QBs(not a factor tonight) and the best defences in the league. I have said for some time the NFC simply does not have the horses the AFC does. It goes in streaks. Sometimes one conference or the other has the mojo. And for a decade it has pretty much been the AFC.

All I heard all week long was how Denver would have a problem handling Newton. And I thought to myself, has no one in the media watched Denver's defence play this year? You have to understand something. I hate saying anything positive about the Denver Donkeys. If this latest trip to the SB means I no longer have to hear 'Omaha' then I will gladly laud them for their win. But dang it man, that performance tonight was the most dominant I have seen. I think Denver wound up with less than 200 yards total offence and that has to be some kind of record for the winning SB team. It was complete domination by them. And to me, should finally put the nail in the coffin of the ridiculous notion that a mobile QB will run you into Superbowl victories. If it worked they'd all be running the QB option. You have to be able to stand in there and move the ball. When Manning was getting hit a few times and turned the ball over, you saw Denver double down on defence and dare Newton to try to beat them. Their D speed is incredible and I knew if he could not run out of the pocket they would have him. Say what you want but our QB, Alex Smith, is one of the best running QBs in the league. And Denver's D still hounded and pounded him the last two years.

So here it goes; Well done Denver. And now will you please, please tell Peyton 'Omaha' Manning to retire? The rest of the AFC west would appreciate it:lol:

Defense wins championships. This is far from the first team with a great defense and lackluster offense to win it all. Or the first high octane offense to falter in the face of such a defense.

Wade Phillips won assistant coach of the year and Von Miller Superbowl MVP and both deserve it, as does the rest of the team. Kubiak was snubbed and didn't even get nominated for coach of the year. But he's got a fourth Superbowl ring, first as head coach and first coach ever to win a Superbowl as head coach of a team he played for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom