What's new

The Intercontinental All Italian Shave-Off

Hey Steve,
From Monday until the end of this month I will go for an all Italian shave.

Also you guys, feel free to get with us in an all Italian shaves or at least one Italian stuff.

Easy peasy,so funny!!
And post here whatever you want About your Italian shave!

I joined you with an all Italian shave today...

Brush: Omega 80266 boar
Soap: PannaCrema Ebano
Razor: Co.Ci.Na. "Il Soldatino" 3-piece Italian Army Issue
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
ASB: Rasoio Sul Filo

Running late today so I imagined being in the Italian Army and hearing my Captain screaming at me to hurry! But I'm thinking, "A soldier still needs to look presentable Sir!"

A very close and comfortable 3-pass shave leaving me smooth and fresh for what the world throws my way!

Yes Steve!
Now this was my today shave

Week 16 Day 3

Until the end of November an all Italian shave every day!

Starting this new week with an All Italian Shave-Off until the end of November with Steve!

Starting cuddling my morning with dome Proraso Red Preshave. A hint of sandalwood is more than welcome.

Almond scent, superior performance and legendary lather. This is Cella.

Omega 48 is the legendary boar brush for every legendary soap and for legendary Italian shaves.

Co.Ci.Na il Soldatino Razor is flattering my whiskers with a sweet close shave.thxnks also to the Bolzano blades.

Ending my today morning shave with a blue ending. Floid Blue and Proraso Blue. Good start of the week.

Pre: Proraso Red Preshave
Brush: Omega 48
Razor: Co.Ci.Na il Soldatino Razor
Blades: Bolzano (1)
Soap: Cella Extra Extra Purissima
AS: Floid Blue / Proraso Blue Balm

Music: Paolo Fresu
EDT: L'Erbolario Corteccia

proxy.php

Hey Steve it's an app on my phone... Nothing special. It's called Retromatic.

Do what about today's shave and pic?

Week 16 Day 4

Starting this new week with an All Italian Shave-Off until the end of November with Steve!

Starting cuddling my morning with Proraso Green Preshave. A hint of freshness before going sandalwood.

Rich Sandalwood shave with Proraso Red tub. A warm cuddling scent perfect for these rainy days. Top performance, great lather and scent to be reminded for hours.

Omega Italian flag razor is the boar of choice for this all Italian shave. The perfect match for Proraso soap.

Universal Whole Blade shavette with Bolzano blades. Barbershop in my hand.

All Proraso after shave means a Mythical Aftershave for me. Green Splash on professional bottle and the wonderful white Balm. What else.

Pre: Proraso Green Preshave
Brush: Omega Italian Flag
Razor: Universal Whole Blade shavette
Blades: Bolzano (2)
Soap: Proraso Red Sandalwood
AS: Proraso Green Splash / Proraso White balm

Music: Pino Daniele
EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver

proxy.php

Wow guys... you have inspired me to join soon... I have attempted to read through the whole thread... but you've been at this for a while:thumbup:

You've convinced me that the next aquisitions will be a FaTip Piccollo (I prefer shorter handles) along with Cella and Proraso AS Splash (why don't they make a Red one... hmpf)

Right now I could put up Bolzano Blades (my goto blade) as far as soaps go, I have Proraso Red in the tub and to go along the lines of Italian/American Theme, I have RazoRock (Made in Italy) Tuscan Oud and Italian Barber Millionaro (Do they count??). I also just got the Omega Pro48... so almost there.

Todays SOTD will be:

Scotch&Stowe Fatty with Bolzano (5)
RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Omega Pro48
Unscented Witchhazel
Eddie Bauer Adventurer (first version)

$1124151857a~2[1].jpg

You guys are a great source of inspiration. It shows not only the passion for shaving but also that friendships don't have any borders... In times like today, that is priceless. Thank you Steve and Stephano... and all the B&B gentlemen. You are a fantastic bunch.

JC thanks for the kind words. It happened like that, effortlessly.
That is when you walk in a good safe place, where you feel like a second home.

About your shaves,
Put whatever you want for your italian shave and also let your blade go. Then post your impressions, comments, feedback, story, whatever.
The joy and fun of having a good shave, is priceless. If it's Italian, probably is a hair better.
:001_cool:

And what about today's shave?

Week 16 Day 5

I was missing the Proraso White Preshave. Today has a great companion a soap.

PannaCrema Vetiver, the Italian best way to Vetiver. So good soap, so classy scent.

Omega 6211 a great Silvertip Italian way.

Universal Whole Blade shavette with Bolzano blades. A staple stable shave. Wonderful Razor.

Post shave is simply fantastic. Thanks to a great Floid Splash and the great Proraso Blue Balm. Soft and moisturized.

AS EDT my favorite from @erbolarioita Vetiver de la Reunion is the best since some time

Pre: Proraso italian Preshave
Brush: Omega 6211 Silvertip
Blades: Bolzano (3)
Soap: PannaCrema Vetiver
AS: Proraso Green Splash / Proraso Blue balm

EDT: L'Erbolario Vetiver

proxy.php

It's some time that I don't write down here. I finished our November month with one of the world classics: All gree-Evergreen Proraso shave

Proraso Green shave today. Pre, soap, after shave and Balm are green. Those freshness reserved usually for the summer now is chilling a late autumn morning. You know is a good wake up call!!

The perfect boar is the Proraso Omega brush. Noway another is like this one! And once broke inanything will have a soft pillow on da face!

And what about the Shavette? Only one in my shave den. Universal. The one and only Italian Handmade shavette.

Pre: Proraso Green Preshave and Menthol Dope v1.0
Brush: Proraso Omega
Blades: Bolzano (2)
Soap: Proraso Green
AS: Proraso Green Splash and Balm

EDT: L'erbolario Vetiver

proxy.php

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Italian-American for me today fellas - Red Style!

$image.jpg

Razor - 1955 Gillette Red Tip
Blade - Bolzano (first use)
Brush - Omega Pro 48
Soap - Proraso Red
Aftershave - Captain's Choice Sandalwood

Proraso Red and CC Sandalwood are a brilliant combo. The Bolzano and Red Tip are pretty good too.

Have a fabulous December everyone!

Week 17 Day 3

Great shave today with some spicy stuff from my den.

Stirling Soaps BayRum is another soap that makes me love this brand. I'm just sorry that I have ordered only a shave sample.
Lovely spicy scent matching stunning performance. Slick, filthy shave that let's the skin soft and healthy.

The Omega 49 makes a miracle lather any time is needed. Few boar brushes in the world can make better. At any price.

Co.Ci.Na il Soldatino Razor is making my shave more enjoyable with its mildness and efficacy. Bolzano blades are a little rough this morning although they are not that old.

Old Spice is like the friend you see from time to time but it's always a pleasure r to meet. Fine and spicy. Stirling Balms are probably some of the best of shaving world and this Bay Rum is one if the best.

Brush: Omega 49
Razor: Co.Ci.Na il Soldatino Razor
Blades: Bolzano (3)
Soap: Stirling BayRum
AS: Old Spice Aftershave and Stirling BayRum Balm

Music:
EDT: L'erbolario Corteccia

proxy.php

No one else uses the TFS soaps?

Oh well, I love Italian products. Since I tried Proraso I think nothing else can beat it, I love the cream and aftershave a lot. I have no pics of my setup but this is what I use:

Fatip Piccolo Razor
Semogue Brush (cant remember which model)
Proraso Green shaving Cream
Proraso Green Aftershave
Olive Oil (as pre shave oil)
Permasharp/Astra

Well it is almost a FULL Italian setup :001_rolle I noticed that many people mention Bolzano but there is also an another Italian brand named" Morris Inox. I got a sampler from Barbiere de Figaro, they are very expensive but I didn't like them.

I love to see that there are more people who love the FaTip as I do. I used to shave with the Merkur 34C HD it was my first razor but then I was reading about Open Combs. I decided to get one so I found the FaTip Piccolo for 19 EUR so I bought it. I couldn't shave with it because it was very aggressive and nothing compared to my 34C HD. I gave up on it. Couple months later I still couldn't handle it, after 3 attempts I managed to handle it and it shaved very great. I haven't returned since that day to the 34C HD and I'm really in love with the Fatip.

Have you guys heard of the faulty Fatips they produced a while ago? The blade doesn't bend on the correct angle so it's extremely aggressive.

proxy.php

I found this pic on Google Image but you can see how aggressive it is.

Barbiere di Figaro sells them under the name Roedter 1909. I bought one and it's extremely aggressive, within two passes I had a full BBS.

I have not yet used any TFS soap but I've used Figaro and gave me irritation.

TFS is a fine producer and makes soap for many other brands too. And there's a discussion on Italy on these matters too.

Fatip is aggressive. That picture explain well that it could be considered as a shavette with handles.

But once mastered gives great satisfactory shaves

IN these days I'm a lot inspired fromUSA artisans and spicy soaps.
Here we go my SOTD of 02/12

​
Week 17 Day 6
Straight razor rules. And an old good one is a superior experience.

Going to continue with USA soaps. So many good artisans over there!

The excellent Captains Choice North is with my today shave.

Rich and protective it last well enough with a straight razor. I had a uber comfortable shave. This soap never disappoints.

The Omega 49 will take care of getting maximum satisfaction on lathering a great soap. It will always do.

This is my first real great straight razor. Taylor's Eye Witness was sweet and close. A comfortable old ay shave that never disappoints. Im happy that the big shaving business still ignore these fantastic tools. I'll tell you why later :)

Great post shave with one exceptional product like Floid and the wonderful balm from Stirling, Ozark Mountain.

Brush: Omega 48
Razor: Taylors Eye Witness 5/8
Blades:
Soap: Captain's Choice North
AS: Floid Blue / Stirling Ozark Mountain

EDT: L'erbolario Vetiver

proxy.php

Buongiorno amici miei! First off I apologize for not being one of those people who pack a phone or camera into my bathroom! I have been busy and traveling over the last week so I will catch up some now.

Our thread followers will remember our PIF from last month. The PIF goods arrived from Stefano this week and I am repackaging and sending to our winner fcap today.

Stefano sent me an early Christmas gift along with the package! Very generous and thoughtful! In the future I will be trying and reviewing Saponifcio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia"! This is a top tier triple-milled soap which is much different than the common Italian soft soaps.

Stefano also included a tub of Monplaisir ("My Pleasure", Fr.), a very accessible and inexpensive Italian soft soap. I have read comments that Monplaisir is the "Italian Williams", widely available in stores for a couple euros. Speaking of it Stefano said... "Monplaisir is cheap but only for price. As for overall performance can be easily compared to Cella and Proraso. I like it a lot even more than expensive ones like TFS (and all its sons like RazoRock, Figaro, whatever) and Mondial and other high end ones. You know why? It's simply well done. It only has a little black spot: the scent is not complex. Scents are also playing important roles in shaving soaps, but again it could be (YMMV) just a tad stronger to have a STUNNING soap. It lathers wonderfully and thanks also the ingredients (it has also jojoba oil, very indicated for human skin) are very sophisticated and well made recipe."

I used the Monplaisir this morning with my Omega brush, il Soldatino 3-piece "Tech" razor / Bolzano blade. My first impression... This is a very soft soap, softer than all other "croaps' or soft soaps I tried. The scent in the tub is very light, almost indistinguishable. Monplaisir is described as having the classic almond/marzipan scent but I don't detect that. I get a light soapy and menthol scent. The soap loaded very easily and quickly and I face lathered for a superb 3-pass shave. I still had enough lather in the Omega for another pass. The shave was wonderful. A slick and rich lather which allowed the used Bolzano to glide well and I had lovely smooth shave! Too bad that more vendors don't carry this fine soap!

Thanks Steve.
My thoughts in the end are that we (in Italy) have many good examples of good soaps at a really good price. Proraso Cella and few others can probably play as the king but many other gems are out there!

YMMV is mandatory. Just my opinion!

Prep: splash of hot water on face
Lather: PannaCrema Namaste
Brush: Omega 11047 "Mixed Midget"
Razor: Fatip Piccolo (with 1 shim)
Blade: PolSilver SI [80]
Finish: RazoRock Amici

Today marked the return of the Fatip, last used sometime in OCtober. Decided to go almost all-Itailan today to commemorate the occasion. PannaCrema never disappoints, and I can see a large amount of the bottom of the tub, so it's almost done. I will be rebuying because it is that good, but not for awhile as I try to use up the soaps I already have.

If you've never tried the Amici splash, you should consider it. It opens up with a string grapefruit scent, which goes well with most barbershop, Italian cologne, or other citrus soaps, but then it dries down to an unexpected amber. The overall strength is subtle after about 10 minutes, so it won't overpower. The splash is only like $8, so it's a no-brainer if you like those scents.

Thanks a lot Rudyt for your essay!
You had such a lovely shave, that's great!

Keep sharing and to all invitees here on this thread,

please feel free to suggest also a theme or a soap for the day or whatever!

Cheers

Top Bottom