What's new

Glock 26 Opinions?

Anyone here own a Glock 26? I have a co-worker that just bought a Glock 43 and he wants to get rid of his 26 because he said he will never use it. He said its a year old, Gen 4, shot 4 or 5 times, and comes with night sights. I got him to come down to $350.00.

What do you guys think? Seems like a good deal(looking at sites like gunbroker.com) and I'm 90% sure I'm going to pick it up. Only thing that is deterring me is I think the gun may be a little too wide to conceal comfortably. Id really prefer the G43 or a M&P Shield but the deal I'm getting on this gun seems like its worth it. Even if I don't conceal it i could always just buy some G19 mags and buy the magazine adapters and have a nice little shooter.

I don't CCW carry so I can't comment on that... I've just personally never been a fan of Glocks. SigSauer all the way for me.

I have the 27,and it's a quick,accurate firearm.The 26 should be almost the same,I chose the 27 for what I believe to be slightly better stopping power.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I shot a baby Glock many years ago that a co-worker carried for duty...it shot surprisingly well.

If you have to "ask" if you should buy it...from your comments...I think you know what you should do.

Buy it.

If you are concerned about the width...I carry a Colt Cobra (light weight version of the Detective Special) more than I do my Colt Officers .45 ACP just due to the weight. Even with the width of the cylinder it fits in the front pocket of jeans just fine.

I'm not an enabler...really I'm not...really.

I own the Glock 26 and carry it owb regularly. Great, reliable pistol. $350 is a great deal and you won't be disappointed.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks for the opinions. I decided to get it.

Wise decision. The difference in width between the 26 and Shield is nominal. It's the length of the grip that comes into play during concealment, and 10 rounds of 9mm in that size of grip is excellent.

I own the Glock 26 and carry it owb regularly. Great, reliable pistol. $350 is a great deal and you won't be disappointed.

+1 It's a steel at $350 for only 5 or 6 rounds put thru it. Especially if it comes with 3 mags. He can put +2 mag extensions on the end for 12 rounds of 9mm and more grip purchase, or stick any other longer Glock mag in it's tail and be well armed.

Great deal.

Good call. Slap some G19 mags in there with the finger grip extentions and you have a much more range-shootable firearm that "shrinks" for concealability. Or stick a 33 rd mag in there for a 4 hand grip :p -Oh wait, if that is you in the video then you have already realized this :p

A 4mm decrease in width (26mm G43 versus 30mm G26) is nothing to sneeze at but until Glock redesigns those plastic shell magazines a true slim pistol (like the Kahr PM9 at 23.4mm) is always going to elude them, IMHO. Though maybe there is only so much you can do with a 9mm frame versus a .380 regardless of how you make the magazine.

Good call. Slap some G19 mags in there with the finger grip extentions and you have a much more range-shootable firearm that "shrinks" for concealability. Or stick a 33 rd mag in there for a 4 hand grip :p -Oh wait, if that is you in the video then you have already realized this :p

Lol that is definitely not me in the video. That's Hickock .45 a pretty well know youtuber that reviews firearms on his channel. His videos are always pretty entertaining. Good advice though I plan on picking up some larger mags with some grip extensions.

I got the gun yesterday(Ill post pics in a day or two). I have relatively small hands, and really like how it fits my hand. I have off the next three days so going to try to shoot it.

I have a Gen4 G26 and carry it pretty regularly, both IWB and pocket. It's a bit big for pocket carry, but with cargo pants and decent holster it works. Carried a G17 before and the reduced grip size of the 26 makes it much more concealable. I practice with the stock 10 rnd mags, 15rnd G19 mags and 17rnd G17 mags and don't notice a huge difference in control or comfort. The Gen4 has the removable back strap to tweak trigger reach a bit, which is kinda nice.
Congrats on the great deal!

I have the 27 (40 cal), but have a 9mm barrel and mag, that I can slip in and make it a 26. Nice to have a choice in calibers. Practice with cheap nine, then 40 for serious carry.

Top Bottom