What's new

From another newbie:

I have been shaving with straight razors for three weeks now. Here’s this morning’s shave. My new got today Northfield Rattler, I’ve found the pointed blades take a bit of getting used to. My rotation of blades (so far J)
Bengall x4
Dovo
Frederick & Reynolds
Fromm Red Head x2
Lewis Barnascone
Northfield Rattler
The Electric Razor
Wilson
All of these blades apart from the Dovo and the Fromm Redheads which were new and professionally honed the rest were used with most having pitting and rust on them. I have ended up with four Bengall’s and two (NOS) Fromms. The white scale Bengall is well worn but shaves beautifully. They cleaned up pretty well. All re-honed and stropped and now being used. With a lot of reading here and you tube, a set of stones and a jeweler’s lobe I can now get a pretty awesome hone on a blade. Any comments or hints would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• $DSC_0091.jpg
    $DSC_0091.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
  • $Northfield Rattler.jpg
    $Northfield Rattler.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 42
  • $Wilson.JPG
    $Wilson.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 42
  • $Bengall (4).jpg
    $Bengall (4).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 42
  • $Otto Fromm.jpg
    $Otto Fromm.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 42
Nice line-up. Great to have you here in B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

I have been shaving with straight razors for three weeks now. Here’s this morning’s shave. My new got today Northfield Rattler, I’ve found the pointed blades take a bit of getting used to. My rotation of blades (so far J)
Bengall x4
Dovo
Frederick & Reynolds
Fromm Red Head x2
Lewis Barnascone
Northfield Rattler
The Electric Razor
Wilson
All of these blades apart from the Dovo and the Fromm Redheads which were new and professionally honed the rest were used with most having pitting and rust on them. I have ended up with four Bengall’s and two (NOS) Fromms. The white scale Bengall is well worn but shaves beautifully. They cleaned up pretty well. All re-honed and stropped and now being used. With a lot of reading here and you tube, a set of stones and a jeweler’s lobe I can now get a pretty awesome hone on a blade. Any comments or hints would be much appreciated.
I know that the Bengals must have been very expensive

Top Bottom