What's new

Question about handle

I'm thinking about purchasing my 3rd safety razor, and was looking at the Parker 26c. I was wondering if there's a handle I can put on the 26c that's shorter. I have used my 2 Merkurs several times now that I can tell I prefer the shorter handle of the 34c over the longer 38c handle. The Parker 26c s handle is almost as long as the barber pole Merkur....I read some reviews on amazon that people had a hard time finding replacement handles for the Parker.

So I'm asking you guys here if you have any ideas on handles? Also for those that have the Parker 26c, how it it?

Also does anyone have the MR3 razor? I saw one on maggards, they have an option of the open comb head....how is that one compared to the 26c?

I'm thinking of getting either one cuz I want something a little more aggressive than my Merkurs.

Thanks!
:biggrin1:

Last edited:
I had the 26c. Way too mild for my liking, and the handle was very awkward as well.
I would suggest another razor if you already have experience with an oc.

My opinion.

I hear the open comb Maggard is pretty good. I have the handle and it's great, but I don't have the head. The Fattip is also a good option if you want something a little more aggressive.

Well after some consideration, I chose the Fatip Piccolo razor. It's got a decent average review on Amazon, but not many. So is this a new razor? Anyone that has one, can you chime in with your 2 cents on this razor? I'd like to hear the good and bad if there's any? Hoping I made the right choice to get this over the Parker.

The Fatip is considerable more aggressive than the Parkers. The Parkers are exceptionally smooth shaving razors, but only complaints being that the head is kind of blocky/bulky feeling and they tend to suffer from some QC issues compared to other major brands (Merkur/Muhle/EJ). I had a Fatip Grande that I only used for a handful of shaves, and it was just too harsh for me to get used to as a daily shaver. That being said, a lot of guys love their Fatips.

For handles, I vote for Maggard. You get the handle and the head for ~$20. More for the open comb, but its extreeeemly mild. Their safety bar heads are cheap looking, but I like the shave... They really sing when you find the angle.
But you're just buying for the handle. They do sell the handle separately, but for an extra couple bucks, you might as well get the head with it.
Also, handles are all stainless steel... For that price its a steal!!!
I like the MR5(wavy) and the MR1(traditional short)

You will have to research if the marragrd handles fit the fattip... I've heard the fattips don't fit all handles...
Sorry didn't read your update post.

2nd on the Fatip if you want some more aggressive shaves. I use it on my days off when I have some extra time to spend on technique and it gives a really great shave.

I don't shave everyday, I usually wait about 3-4 days between shaves. I asked someone at maggards about the mr3 handle and they said it will fit the fatip and the parker 26c..just so you guys know. I still have yet to get the piccolo, but when I do I'll review it here.

I don't shave everyday, I usually wait about 3-4 days between shaves. I asked someone at maggards about the mr3 handle and they said it will fit the fatip and the parker 26c..just so you guys know. I still have yet to get the piccolo, but when I do I'll review it here.

Well with that kind of growth I think you'll like the fattip.
Heck, you can always do a combo... Fattip on first pass to knock the hair down, then a more mild one for subsequent passes...

Had my first shave today with my Fatip Piccolo, smooth shave but got several weepers in the process. This razor is wayy more aggressive than my Merkurs...I can feel the blade on my skin it's weird in a cool kinda way. So far, I really like the little razor, however I shaved today with just 1 day stubble...I think that's a mistake especially using this thing. I'll grow my beard out for 4-5 days then test it out again. I was using a Astra SP blade. I got a 50pk of Feathers to try to see how I like those so I'll load one up in my 34c to test those out first. So far based on the first shave with the piccolo and looks wise/craftsmanship I'd give it a 4.5/5

Anyone who has any questions about it or anything else feel free to ask me here! :001_smile

With the Fatip you have to check the blade alignment. It does not always sit straight in the head. You may need to adjust it.
Back to your original question about the Parker 26. I have one and I put a Parker 94R handle on it and it fits really nice with a nice balance also.

$Parker OC.jpg

I enjoy my FaTip piccolo. It's very smooth given its aggression. Once you nail down the FaTip, you can try the Muhle R41, which is a touch more aggressive, and closer, to me. Among my eight open combs, the ATT H2 is the closest, longest-lasting and most aggressive razor. You might want to save that for last!

I almost bought the R41 instead of the Piccolo razor, glad I didn't. This little razor is more than enough for me if I was a very close aggressive shave.

Top Bottom