What's new

2015 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Fall GRU Fall (GRU-Fall)

Hate to split hairs, but, does it still count as gentlemanly restraint if I get a 100% free sample?
PIFs are allowed, even when requested. A free sample (no shipping paid) is a PIF :)

I'm still in, no shave this morning but will probably have one tonight so I can sleep late tomorrow!

#26 still in!

SOTD:
Gillette SS Red Tip A4
Personna Lab (1)
WD 24mm Synthetic Butterscotch
Mike's Natural Soap Bay Rum
Witch Hazel
SCS Bay Rum with a Twist A/S Milk

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
PIFs are allowed, even when requested. A free sample (no shipping paid) is a PIF :)

I'm still in, no shave this morning but will probably have one tonight so I can sleep late tomorrow!
Thanks for the information. As it turns out, the discount ended overnight, so no sample for me. Still going strong.

Still here, loving my shaves even more than usual. St Charles Rose, D. R. Harris Pink aftershave, Gillette SB. And I wonder what's in store this evening? Cella, maybe.

Tonight I had a Proraso Red shave w/ Captain's Choice sandalwood aftershave. They are excellent pairings and I will probably get some CC in the future. But not until I 3017 the Proraso and who knows when that might be - certainly not during this restraint period!

Whew! Back from my 4th of July pig roast in Carneros....

Musgo Real Shave Balm
Vie-Long Horse Hair Shave Brush
Feather AS-D2 w/ Feather Hi Stainless
Stone Cottage Soapworks Inc Lavender

$2015-07-06 at 00-00-00.jpg

It's funny sometimes how it is the little things that can cause you to almost mess up. I traded for some blades with Darth Kevdogg and need a container for them (added to my existing collection it was too unwieldy for the drawer). And lucky me, I already had a container so I wasn't going to go out for it. Then I start to load it up and learn the spaces are slightly too thin for the boxes to sit horizontal. Now I want to go out for a stinking $1 box!

I won't, though. Here's the photo, diagonal and all.
$blades07-06-15.jpg
Edit: In case folks are curious:
55 Astra SP
55 Personna Israeli Red
15 Gillette Platinum
15 Rapira Platinum Lux
5 Rapira Swedish Supersteel
2 Gillette 7OC Yellow
1 Gillette Silver Blue

Last edited:
Our first casualty - Billy Goatee, for various vacation temptations.....

1. mr_eleven - no exceptions
2. Bluebriz - no exceptions
3. cvargo - Synthetic Brush
4. kansaskyle - bathroom shelving/display
5. Galaktus - Barbasol razor
6. Kevdogg 329 - Dorco Pace 6 blades
7. Dave-the-rave - 1 x Erasmic soap
8. JaredB - Chiseled Face Summer Storm
9. Vespasian - TFS Bergamotto Neroli AS splash
10. Socialjunk95 - Edwin Jagger Synthetic Silvertip..
11. redrider_99 - Gillette adjustable "in the wild"
12. MuhleShaver - no exceptions.
13. Bocefus- Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
14. Billy Goatee - Badger Knot - OUT (Various vacation items)
15. engblom - Own made razor
16. Stoof2010 - GSB blades
17. KQY61 - ATT Slant
18. Cosmos Mariner - Without Exception
19. Eeyore -22mm WD synthetic
20. DanCPA - synthetic brush (model TBD)
21. cbrf3_97 - no exceptions
22. Krakatoa - Proraso Green soap
23. Gig103 - B&M and Chiseled Face samples
24. Jonoc9997 - Paladin Shave brush
25. SmurfK - Semogue OC Boar
26. Blade4vor - Norton Waterstone Set
27. CzechCzar - no exceptions
28. againstthegrain - knot TBD
29. pbrmhl - Wolfman open comb adjusted to .74mm blade gap
30. jjking54 - B&M Arctique
31. Jarick - Shavemac brush
32. Benzology - no exception

To play the Darth card, someone posted a 50% off AoS sale (no idea about shipping). I have plenty of their stuff (cream and two balm), it's great but expensive. At $12 for the cream and $20 for the balm, it's a no brainer and worth going out on.

Yup, but I don't have "Ocean kelp" which is mostly lavender with some sandalwood. Not sure why they call it "Ocean" though.

You, sir, are testing my resolve. I've read that Ocean Kelp was a good scent but had no idea it was lavender and sandalwood. Those are my two favorite scents.

To make matters worse the Lavender cream is $6.25... $6.25, are you KIDDING ME?!!!?!

Phew... whooosaaaahhhhh.... okay, I'm better now. I have 3 years worth of soap, I do not need more, I do not need more, I do not need more....

Wow, that's a really good deal on AoS stuff and I almost fell for the Lavender cream as I have the Lavender soap which smells excellent but I can't get a good consistent lather out of. However, I'm passing up the deal and staying strong.

Wow, that's a really good deal on AoS stuff and I almost fell for the Lavender cream as I have the Lavender soap which smells excellent but I can't get a good consistent lather out of. However, I'm passing up the deal and staying strong.

Do you have the older tallow base or the new veggie stuff?

Top Bottom