What's new

Travel Regulars

What do you guys pack with you? I'm preparing for my first trip as a wet shaver and am having a hard time packing a washbag.

I travel a lot for the military, so I usually bring my Edwin Jagger DE89, a synthetic brush, one tube of cream or puck of soap, a pack of blades, alum block, and aftershave balm. Not a whole lot of variety, but I can get by for a few weeks if I need to. If you go minimal, it can all fit in a Ziploc bag or dopp bag with your other cosmetics pretty easily.

Razor, brush in an emptied toilet paper roll, a couple sample sized jars of cream(s), styptic pen, a screw cap vial or two of aftershave(s) and a pack of blades. Loads of room for comb, brush and deodorant left in the kit bag. I save the lavish displays for home and keep it to only the essentials for travel.

Road warrior here. I don't check a bag--no time for that. So:

In my TSA-pleasing quart ziplock, I have a small squeeze tube of a decent cream like La Toja or Nivea. Also a small squeeze tube of AS balm.

In a separate dopp bag that I don't need to remove from my roller bag, I have carts, a handle, a synthetic brush, and an alum block.

It's a shame I need to use carts, but checking a bag is not an option.

Sample size is a decent idea! I was planning to pack the basics that I bought to try the whole thing out - a stainless steel shavette, cheap boar brush, akro soap bar, brut aftershave/deodrant, small travel sized moisturiser, styptic pencils... Then I didn't like the thought of being without a DE just in case and grabbed a cheap Weishi.

The idea about the empty toilet roll is great!

I traveled extensively when I was working and still travel quite a bit now that I am retired. My travel bag consists of a Red Tip razor, two packs of blades, one or two soap sticks, a Muhle synthetic brush, a styptic pencil which I have yet to use, and WH and AS in small travel bottles. If I am going to be away for a while I might add a shave cream.

There are a number of threads on this, if you want to do a search. I always check a bag so that I don't have to worry about TSA carry-on restrictions. I have a nylon Samsonite travel kit with a mesh top to allow things to dry out. In it are:

Gillette Goodwill (New type head) with ball end handle and a spare brass handle from a Baili, in a plastic case from a Cadet razor.
Two tucks of blades, typically Astra SP's and Voskhods.
Red tub of Cella.
Small tube of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso Green) shave cream.
Tub of Proraso Pre-/Post-shave balm.
Small metal bowl stolen from my kitchen.
l'Occitane Plisson brush in a Muhle travel tube.
Styptic pen.
Plastic bottle of Mennen Afta.

• Blade mailed to hotel in advance.
  • Travel-size deoderant tube now holds a soap stick.
  • Brush is L'Occitane aluminum travel brush re-notted with silvertip
  • Vito's A/S spritzed into an old Trumpers A/S sample container.
  • Travel styptic pencil from VintageBlades.

In a previous life (overnight air travel without a checked bag) it was often:
Shave stick
Cartridge razor
Brush in travel tube
After Shave
Cologne sample

now that things tend to be more leisurely:
Shave stick
DE razor + blades
Brush in travel tube
After Shave
Cologne