What's new

Soaps with menthol?

Does anyone else like some menthol in their shaving soaps? If so, any recommendations on good performing soaps would be nice :) Thanks.
So far, I've only tried Maggard's Orange Menthol, i Coloniali mango oil, and Acqua Di Parma (technically a cream, but the texture is almost similar to a soft soap). I find the small menthol kick quite pleasant.

Proraso Green, Stirling Frozen Tundra or Margaritas in the Arctic all have a nice menthol chill. You can also buy menthol crystals (Amazon search). A small amount on the puck before loading the brush turns any soap into a menthol soap.

For the ultimate menthol kick get a puck of Cryogen from Chiseled Face Groomatorium. This stuff takes menthol to a whole new level. It freezes your face, makes your eyes water and opens up your sinuses. Some people actually seem to enjoy this. Okay, I'm one of them.

--Bob

My two favorites so far are Reef Point Soaps sublime scent and Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero. Both are top shelf performers. Many seem to really like Queen Charolette Vostok and Iced Key Lime, too.

Vostok is great, either puck or cream.

$image.jpg

I, almost exclusively use menthol soaps. Of the 3 you mentioned I do like the I Coloniali. The best I've tried, and I've tried a ton is Dandy Shaving Co, Cold Spice. Super slick, thick and Just the right chill. Their arctic Orange is really nice too but cold spice.....that's the one. A little pricey but well worth it IMHO

I like the menthol... Even in the cold Iowa winters. Queen Charlottes Iced Key Lime is my favorite, but it's got a menthol kick. Not super but my face has the cooling effect for quite a while after shaving. Yeti Snot is cold, like clean out your sinuses, make your nose run and eyes water cold. I use it some, probably will a bit more in the summer. If your looking for a kiss of menthol, I like Tiki bar mint citrus blast. I'm not sure if you can get it anymore though.

There are a bunch of options, you just need to find out how far you want to take the menthol.

InNae

If you want to start with a mild menthol soap I can recommend valobra - just a bit of cooling during applying the lather and shaving,
but when you rinse the face with cold water - it feels *very* cold :=)

The soap is similar to cella apart from being mentholated - soft and easy lathering...

br,
ToM

If you want to start with a mild menthol soap I can recommend valobra - just a bit of cooling during applying the lather and shaving,
but when you rinse the face with cold water - it feels *very* cold :=)

The soap is similar to cella apart from being mentholated - soft and easy lathering...

br,
ToM
Going through a brick myself and I'd say you've nailed the review. I've been adding a drop of EO to my scuttle to give the rather scentless soap a little extra. Yesterday it was lavender and today it was peppermint.

Top Bottom