What's new

What is your favorite mild razor?

Favorite mild razor would have to be my Shave King Self Lube

proxy.php

Beautiful Shave King Mick.

Slim set to 3. You can always fine tune its aggressiveness while being guaranteed a smooth, happy shave.

It is too early to be certain, but the Feather AS-D2 looks likely. The first week of shaves were pee-poor because it uses a very shallow angle: the blade needs to be nearly parallel to my face, and thus the handle at 75 deg from my skin. But that then has given me 4 days of extremely close shaves with zero irritation. It is the first razor I've used where I can get near-BBS level on my chin and upper lip. I'm also getting excellent results on my throat. Another week of results like this, and it will be the best razor I've ever used.

I should point out, however, that I've had more small nicks in 10 days of the Feather than I have had in my previous 3 years of DE shaving, including the Merkur slant. It gives very little razor burn, but it will cut anything going above skin level, including skin. It is 'mild', but not forgiving. It requires care, but pays it back with no "Where did the first 3 layers of my skin go?" feeling.

I have a late-40s Tech that is also an excellent mild razor, but it doesn't shave as close. It will do a DFS- shave for me, fast and easy. At $13, it is an amazing value after 60+ years.

Another excellent one is the Merkur 15c. It is a very mild open comb. It really doesn't give me better than a CCS (close, comfortable shave), but it will do that as fast as any cart I've used, and with more comfort. It was $23 new from Amazon. If the hair is long, it doesn't care. My daughter has one for her legs. I plan to keep one for occasional shaving use.

I consider all of those much milder than my EJ89. "Mild" & "Very Close" are not contradictions!

Another vote for the Feather AS-D2. Incredibly mild, but unlike some other "mild" razors I've tried it gets the job done.

I love mild razors. The following are my favorites, in no particular order:

1) Feather AS-D2
2) pre-war Canadian fat-handle Tech
3) iKon Shavecraft 101
4) Stahly live blade head on a UFO handle

The last mild razor that I acquired was the Tech hybrid, which I have been using roughly three or four times a week for a month or two. It is my favorite at the moment because it’s in rotation.

Edit: However, I get better shaves with a Slim Twist without even trying.

Last edited:
1936 Aristocrat Deluxe OC. Extremely smooth, comfortable shave. Not sure I would call it mild though. Compared to a NEW LC, RazoRock Little Bastone and 1924 Ever Ready it is my mildest razor though.

Top Bottom