What's new

New DE razor manufacturer. Very nice!

Bump. Would really like to hear from someone who got a dual comb and how it shaves.

I received the dual comb today and shaved with it tonight. I am very pleased with this razor. It looks great and shaves just as well. Not too aggressive, but aggressive enough. I own two ATT razors and this razor is in the same league. I know that's a bold statement, but IMHO, an accurate statement. I have an M1 and S1 and its a bit more aggressive than the M1, so probably close to the R1-R2. I chose the #1 handle and its hefty and the grip is fantastic.

They look fantastic, review well, would love to buy one BUT like others have said, $50 for international shipping is a deal breaker. A small package (say 100 grams for a razor + another 100 grams for packaging) should according to Canada Post's website cost about CN$8 - $11 to send from Alberta to the other side of the world. There may be an argument for using a $50 super-duper-tracking-with-bells-and-whistles option if the razor was being sent to (say) Nigeria or Romania, but for sending from one first-world developed country to another (both with secure, State-run postal services with excellent reputations) there should be no problems using a basic International small-package option costing c.$10 - $15. I've been using such services for years (sometimes shipping items worth considerably more than a Wolfman razor) and not once have I ever had a problem. It's a shame as I'd really consider buying one if it weren't for the shipping cost.
In actuality, I'd be surprised if the online quote from CP is accurate. I once sent a small bubble envelope to Ireland with tracking and it cost almost $100. Sending packages within Canada is bad enough, but internationally, the Canada Post rates are criminal. Couriers are even worse, so $50 is not unreasonable. It always shocks me when I get a package from the US and see how little they pay for postage comparatively.

I hope I have a similar impression as you mc. I have grown to love mild but efficient razors, especially smooth OCs like the ATT M2.

I received the dual comb today and shaved with it tonight. I am very pleased with this razor. It looks great and shaves just as well. Not too aggressive, but aggressive enough. I own two ATT razors and this razor is in the same league. I know that's a bold statement, but IMHO, an accurate statement. I have an M1 and S1 and its a bit more aggressive than the M1, so probably close to the R1-R2. I chose the #1 handle and its hefty and the grip is fantastic.

Very nice to hear. I'm hoping to acquire one of James OC razors. Good to hear his offering hangs with ATT.
Pics?

got mine today, will be giving it a go and comparing it to the la shaving soap company bbs-1 - which i traded with a friend on another forum to compare to my beloved above the tie open comb set. some photos:

http://imgur.com/a/35Reg

They look fantastic, review well, would love to buy one BUT like others have said, $50 for international shipping is a deal breaker. A small package (say 100 grams for a razor + another 100 grams for packaging) should according to Canada Post's website cost about CN$8 - $11 to send from Alberta to the other side of the world. There may be an argument for using a $50 super-duper-tracking-with-bells-and-whistles option if the razor was being sent to (say) Nigeria or Romania, but for sending from one first-world developed country to another (both with secure, State-run postal services with excellent reputations) there should be no problems using a basic International small-package option costing c.$10 - $15. I've been using such services for years (sometimes shipping items worth considerably more than a Wolfman razor) and not once have I ever had a problem. It's a shame as I'd really consider buying one if it weren't for the shipping cost.

Your thread post is quite ridiculous, slanderous and inaccurate. The $11cdn. Canada Post International small parcel service to NZ has no Insurance and no delivery confirmation option. Any online retailer today would go broke overnight mailing out $200 goods without any tracking delivery confirmation or insurance. Tracking and Insurance is a necessity and not a "super-duper luxury" in today's online retailing.

The cheapest Canada Post shipping option for a 250g tracked small package with $100 insurance and delivery confirmation to New Zealand is $49.03 cdn. A business can sign up for Canada Post Venture one shipping program and save a whoopie 5% business discount on all mail rates. Is any Canadian happy with having some of the most expensive government owned mail service in the world? Nope, but most Canadian's don't want to be subsidizing their mail service with taxpayer dollars either!

You could always get a friend in the U.S. or Canada to freight forward to you but of course you have no recourse with Paypal if it never arrives. But NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG with International mail service, so that wouldn't really be an issue for you! View attachment 556020

Okay, only 1 shave so far with this razor, but here are my first impressions. The fit in finish are perfect, as expected. The razor is hefty, more than my Weber or ATT Kronos. The handle length is a sweet spot for me, approximately 3.5 inches long and slightly thicker than the ATT kronos. The shave is very smooth, mild to moderate aggressiveness, but very efficient....somewhere between ATT M2 and R2. Angle is intuitive. I'm going to continue with this razor for a while, & I will report back a more detailed and well-informed review later.

Hi,

Chalk up another win for NZ, then. My US State-run postal service cannot seem to differentiate our address, 2813, from the one up the road, 2613, even when the packages have computer-printed labels.

Eventually, the people at 2613 open our boxes, then figure out the error, and then place the open box in the drainage ditch next to their mailbox. Most of the time. Sometimes they don't admit to having received one of our lost packages. Did it wind up elsewhere, or did they like the surprise? We will never know.

If the package is not tracked and insured for the actual value, guess who is out?

Back to the topic of the razors, I am waiting to see the slant. Maybe a SS version of the Solingen design.... :)

Stan

Last edited:
got mine today, will be giving it a go and comparing it to the la shaving soap company bbs-1 - which i traded with a friend on another forum to compare to my beloved above the tie open comb set. some photos:

http://imgur.com/a/35Reg
Nice photos; thanks for the link. You've got a few really nice razors at your disposal!

At some point you should post comparison thoughts.

Others have mentioned this, but the Wolfman closely resembles the look of the BBS-1. In other words, a stunning looking design. So much for spending sabbaticals. :w00t:

And shipping is included in the US and Canada.

Last edited:
Mine came in the mail today, and it is better than I could have hoped. Simply beautiful. The machining is amazing, and I loaded it up with a blade, and it doesn't need adjustment, mainly because there really is no wiggle at all in the blade or the head. It just tightens up perfectly. The head is thin, and will fit under the nose better than anything else I own. The fit and finish make my old Gillette razors look poor in comparison, let alone my modern Merkur. Tomorrow morning I'll give it it's first test shave with my favorite blade loaded up in it, the Polsilver Super Iridium. Absolutely worth every penny I paid for it. It just wants to be picked up and used, and it feels great in the hand. After tomorrow, we'll see if it follows through in performance...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I shaved with my OC version, this morning, fitted with the WRH-4 handle (I also have the WRH-5 handle, shown in the below photo).

Overall, this is a fantastic razor that was expertly engineered. The head assembly parts fit together very tightly, which gave me confidence that it would be a smooth, easy shave. My confidence was well placed, as I got that smooth, easy shave. Truly, at times, I was concerned that I was "doing it wrong," as I had little sensation of my whiskers being cut. However, they were gone. With two passes all over, a third pass in certain spots (I pushed things, just to see performance), and some significant touching up in my trouble spots (see more explanation below), I came out with about as close and comfortable shave I've had.

I very much enjoy the low profile head, as that easily allowed me to get to all the nooks and crannies around my face while still keeping a light touch.

At 130g, this head/handle combo is one whopper of a razor--far and away the heaviest I've used. I believe that is the reason I had particular trouble in my trouble spots. I just did not have the experience. By the time I rinsed off, though, those trouble spots were lying defeated upon the battlefield, and my face was none the worse for the wear. I was a bit surprised at how little irritation I had in those areas where I had to work at it. I am confident that, with a bit more experience, I will have far less trouble.

The combination is remarkably well balanced, also. That surprised me, as I wasn't sure how I would enjoy such a hefty handle. The handle, itself, is quite comfortable to hold and use, though. I do look forward to putting the head with other, lighter handles to see how it does, but I know I have a winner in this combination.

Yes, this is a pricey razor, but it is high quality. If your pocketbook allows, and if you can grab hold of one, you will be rewarded.

$IMAG0314.jpg

Top Bottom