What's new

The ultimate shaver's conundrum

Which is more desirable for shaving lunatics like ourselves? Having a BBS face that you can happily stroke well into the afternoon, or being able to shave every day?

For me...it's got to be one or the other. Can't be both.

Discuss.

Shaving everyday for me, or 6 days a week. I shave M-F and usually enjoy a late night shave on Saturdays. I will say that I do get a BBS result on my cheeks everyday, but never a complete BBS. My neck and jawline can't handle it. So I do get to happily stroke my cheeks well into the afternoon.

DFS Monday through Friday and BBS on one, sometimes both of the weekend days.

My method allows an every day shave and makes me really look forward to the weekends.

I know ... I have issues.

Everyday.

I never go for BBS. For me a CCS is perfectly fine and I enjoy shaving 7 days a week. The risk of rash or ingrown hairs is not worth the goal of a BBS shave.

Comfort trumps closeness for me so it's WTG and XTG only, DFS, happily shave the next day. Anyone not stroking my face wouldn't tell the difference between DFS and BBS anyway, so it's not worth the discomfort.

I used to be in the Everyday, but not BBS camp.

However, things have suddenly fallen in place this week and now I can enjoy both. :thumbup:

For me...it's got to be one or the other.

So, which is it?

Personally, I haven't yet been able to achieve a BBS without any rash or irritation, so I'm happy shaving WTG and XTG daily. That may change in time to come when I find the right razor blade for me.

TPL

Comfort trumps closeness for me so it's WTG and XTG only, DFS, happily shave the next day. Anyone not stroking my face wouldn't tell the difference between DFS and BBS anyway, so it's not worth the discomfort.
this is what I am doing now. I do BBS on my cheeks for the date time activities because my lady likes to kiss a smooth cheek, but the rest of the time I settle for CCS or DFS and dont even attempt BBS on my neck.

Quoting JAM62377….. "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I do get a BBS result on my cheeks everyday, but never a complete BBS. My neck and jawline can't handle it.” [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]This goes for me also. [/FONT]

Shaving everyday for me, or 6 days a week. I shave M-F and usually enjoy a late night shave on Saturdays. I will say that I do get a BBS result on my cheeks everyday, but never a complete BBS. My neck and jawline can't handle it. So I do get to happily stroke my cheeks well into the afternoon.

+1 If I go across the grain on the lower portion of my neck it is either a bloody mess or bump city.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Similar to Jay; 2 passes WTG & ATG and BBS on cheeks with DFS on the rest. I have accomplished a true BBS but no longer think it's worth the time and risk; Always do what is enjoyable and comfortable!

Shave everyday, can achieve BBS in two passes if I take my time with the right razor and blade, otherwise it's DFS. And yes, love the feel..

I try to go for the BBS shave every time out. I am not a post-shower shaver, and my hair does not grow fast enough for me to shave daily. As such, when I do get the time, I try to get as close to the ideal shave as I can. One day . . . one day.

Next shave is Saturday . . . can't wait.gif

I haven't gone bbs for a while. I'm happy doing WTG and XTG. Could do this shave daily if I want. Going for the 3rd pass ATG gives me BBS, but any mistakes give me ingrown hairs, and I don't bother much any more.

I can do both, but I usually shave every other day, since I have blonde hair and my stubble isn't noticeable. Also, one day after a BBS, the stubble is so short that it hardly seems to be worth it to shave.

This!

Top Bottom