What's new

Manchurian Simpson Chubby 2

Hi everyone i am a newbie to DE, i just received from England my Manchurian Chubby 2, however it will not fit in the brush holder i have. Does it need to be in a brush holder or can it just sit on the counter? If you have a idea as where to get a brush holder which will hold a Chubby 2 ?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Just set it on it's base, no worries.

Man, go big or go home, congratulations on the brush!

I would at least try to find a drip stand for when it is drying. Some, though, say it is fine to dry it standing on its end.

You don't need a brush holder. Every brush will dry very well if you rinse it well, dry it off, lightly, on a towel and let it sit for one or two days. In your case, it will probably take two days for your Manchurian Chubby to dry properly as the knot is very dense.
There is no need for a brush holder, really.
Enjoy your Chubby 2 Manchurian!

Hi everyone i am a newbie to DE, i just received from England my Manchurian Chubby 2, however it will not fit in the brush holder i have. Does it need to be in a brush holder or can it just sit on the counter? If you have a idea as where to get a brush holder which will hold a Chubby 2 ?

Read up on the capillary effect.

You don't need a brush holder. Every brush will dry very well if you rinse it well, dry it off, lightly, on a towel and let it sit for one or two days. In your case, it will probably take two days for your Manchurian Chubby to dry properly as the knot is very dense.
There is no need for a brush holder, really.
Enjoy your Chubby 2 Manchurian!

I'd follow what Celestino said. Works well.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
You don't NEED a stand, but I, personally, prefer one for my current brush. I like to keep my brush and razor together, off the sink, but that's just me (and quite a few others here)

Welcome to B&B from a fellow South Floridian. Your CH2 Manchurian is a great brush. Use a stand if you like, but it's not necessary. Brushes dry fine just standing on their base. I grab brushes by the base of the knot and shake them gently to get rid of excess water, then I gently strop them on a towel a few times. The CH2 is a very dense brush, so it will likely need two days to dry completely.

Welcome to B&B from a fellow South Floridian. Your CH2 Manchurian is a great brush. Use a stand if you like, but it's not necessary. Brushes dry fine just standing on their base. I grab brushes by the base of the knot and shake them gently to get rid of excess water, then I gently strop them on a towel a few times. The CH2 is a very dense brush, so it will likely need two days to dry completely.

Thanks Ricardo, are there any real shaving places here in south florida ? AOS i think is very limited in selection and mostly their own brand.

That's kind of like, "I just got my learner's permit and am expecting delivery on my Mercedes S500 any day now."

Fantastic choice, fantastic brush. Way to go all in. That's the B&B way. :thumbup1:

I have been wet shaving for 40 years and just finally got a Chubby 2 in best badger. Of course I do not have a Mercedes either [emoji6]

I prefer a stand but there are less options for those biguns out there. After a good shake gently spread the knot to improve circulation to the center of the hairs and let dry standing in a ventilated area. Don't stick it in your medicine cabinet and it will dry just fine.

If you stick you finger in the knot and it feels cool to the touch it's not dry yet and you shouldn't lather it yet. Takes about a day and a half or two for the dense fatties to really dry completely.

$chubby.jpg
Please post some pictures of this beauty ! :thumbup:

here is my Brush, I love it !

I prefer a stand but there are less options for those biguns out there. After a good shake gently spread the knot to improve circulation to the center of the hairs and let dry standing in a ventilated area. Don't stick it in your medicine cabinet and it will dry just fine.

If you stick you finger in the knot and it feels cool to the touch it's not dry yet and you shouldn't lather it yet. Takes about a day and a half or two for the dense fatties to really dry completely.

Are you saying that I would need to rotate the brushes, every other day ?

That's kind of like, "I just got my learner's permit and am expecting delivery on my Mercedes S500 any day now."

Fantastic choice, fantastic brush. Way to go all in. That's the B&B way. :thumbup1:

:thumbup:

Are you saying that I would need to rotate the brushes, every other day ?

As I had mentioned in my previous post, with your beautifully dense Chubby 2 Manchurian, it would be wise to let it dry the extra day to make sure it fully dries. I mean, you don't really have to as it is your brush, but if it were mine, I would allow that extra day to be on the safe side.
Enjoy the brush! :thumbup:

Does the brush need to be dry to work ? I have only been wet shaving for about 10 days and up till today used my Chubby 1 every day, it seemed to work fine

Top Bottom