What's new

Tomorrow's Fatboy/Slim is todays.what?

There's no disputing the popularity of acquiring vintage razors. Moreover, many are fond of the adjustable Fatboys and Slims. To that end, what do you folks regard as today's version of the Fatboy/Slim? A modern day adjustable razor by which those future wet shavers 20, 30 or even 50 years from now will be looking to find in the wild. Is there such a modern day beast that you folks feel will stand the test of time? If so, what is it in your mind's eye?

Not sure how many modern razors will be around on 50 plus years, only the really high quality ones made of brass. The slims and fats will outlive quite a few, three piece razors even more so!

ok, if gillettes are out of the picture, then most likely the merkur adjustables. i could see people really wanting a progress or futur 30 years from now, especially if merkur when out of business or quit making their adjustables. but 30 years from now im betting there will be even more companies producing de's, so there may be other better options to choose from then.

Though I don't have one, I would guess that the only razor that might have iconic status would be the Feather ASD1/D2 with the full kit, especially unused. But otherwise, the future will still value Fatboys over any current razor.

Top Bottom