Acceptable "man cry" movie scenes?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
  1. The last 20 minutes or so of It's a Wonderful Life
  2. From the final gunfight on to the end, Shane
  3. "I'm Spartacus" scene, Spartacus
  4. Playin' catch with dad, Field of Dreams

Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ - when Mary sees him fall carrying the cross through the crowd of people.

Schindler's List - quite a bit of the movie.

At leas a couple of scenes in Casablanca.
My favorite part of the whole movie is where the German Officers are singing a drinking song, while Lazlo instructs the band to play "La Marseilles." The entire cafe joins in singing the words, and at the end of the song, Yvonne stands up and shouts "Viva La France!"

Not exactly a tear-jerker moment, but at the end of that scene I always feel like jumping up and giving the French patrons a standing ovation with a lot of enthusiastic yelling.

My favorite part of the whole movie is where the German Officers are singing a drinking song, while Lazlo instructs the band to play "La Marseilles." The entire cafe joins in singing the words, and at the end of the song, Yvonne stands up and shouts "Viva La France!"

Not exactly a tear-jerker moment, but at the end of that scene I always feel like jumping up and giving the French patrons a standing ovation with a lot of enthusiastic yelling.

The guy who wrote that scene admitted to crying while he wrote it.

$tumblr_lby6fmxe2C1qbvk7po1_400.gif
I might be crying a little right now.

Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ - when Mary sees him fall carrying the cross through the crowd of people.

Schindler's List - quite a bit of the movie.

Very much agree with Passion of the Christ. For me it is the scene at Golgotha and the closeup of the hammer driving the spike. The significance of that imagery and it's implication is overwhelming.

I would also add the scene of the little girl's death in Pan's Labyrinth. As a father of two girls I refuse to watch it again.

I saw "Gladiator" by myself, fortunately. The ending corresponded with me getting A LOT of movie theater dust in my eyes, and that's what I would have told anyone who happened to see me at that moment.

There are others; I'll have to do some thinking.

Don

The credits of Schindler's List when they show the survivors

The end of Life is Beautiful

The song Who wants to live forever in Highlander

Iron Giant

Father of the bride. When the father is trying to catch his newly wedded daughter before she leaves the reception. Daughter got married last year :crying:

In Tin Cup where Roy McEvoy has a chance to win the US Open, but keeps dropping a new ball just to hit another one into the water on the 72nd hole.

Decades ago I had to stop watching movies in which dogs die. Those scenes destroy me. People not so much.

I agree. I know people are people and animals are just animals, but I always have a soft spot for those.

"Grave of the Fireflies", and "Dancer in the dark" are the two classic ones... one has to have no soul to not be moved by those two.

"Meet Joe Black" at the end where it's time to "leave".

And sorry guys, but I like "the Notebook" and the dementia scenes and such are quite hard to watch if you know someone that lived it.

Top Bottom