What's new

Are There Any Aros That Taste Like They Smell?

I shied away from aros pretty qiuckly just after trying a couple. I I am sure this has been asked and answered many times, I am on my phone and I don't seem to have any luck searching for things on here. I have tried two bulk blends from a local B&M and Mixture 79, which I promptly passed on to my BIL. Please feel free to give plenty of options if there really are any.

McClelland's Just Plain Nut tastes pretty close to the scent. I enjoyed that aromatic. Hobbit's weed may has a bit more vanilla cherry in the flavor than the cherry smell but it was enjoyable in a cob. Dutch Master's Whiskey doesnt smell like whiskey but tasted just like the smell.

I've only experienced that with Lakeland blends. Whether or not that appeals to you is kind of a YMMV type of deal.

I have been able to coax the chocolate flavor out of Bob's Chocolate Flake, but you have to be slow and gentle with it... and even then it's more of a subtle chocolate flavor.

Sutliff's Sunset Rum is the best smelling, best tasting aro tobacco I have smoked. It tastes like it smells and it smells wonderful. However, I can only smoke it in a giant pipe because it will bite your tongue off.

I have been able to coax the chocolate flavor out of Bob's Chocolate Flake, but you have to be slow and gentle with it... and even then it's more of a subtle chocolate flavor.
Bob's Chocolate Flake smells good enough to eat right out of the tin, but I can rarely taste the chocolate flavor in a pipe. Maybe once or twice in each bowl just for a fleeting moment.

Thanks fellas, now to put together a little list of these to try. I am not sure of the Lakeland blends but it's worth a go, I need to find something I can smoke around people(read wife) that she doesn't think smells like cigarette. That is her biggest complaint on the pipe.

Bob's Chocolate Flake smells good enough to eat right out of the tin, but I can rarely taste the chocolate flavor in a pipe. Maybe once or twice in each bowl just for a fleeting moment.
I feel your pain. Even when I do get it in its sweet spot, it doesn't last the entire bowl. Still, if I can get it going for a little bit, it's worth it.

Top Bottom