What's new

Coolidor + Shed = Bad Idea?

You could do what you plan to do theoretically, the English temp is pretty good for cigars but the concern is which everyone piped in, is the swing of temp during the summer. It could reach above 75 but i dont think it would affect that much though.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Personally, I think the less than ideal storage options available to you create a risk of ruined cigars that outweighs any benefit from aging.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The outdoor fridge is a good idea if it still seals well. Better protection against temp swings than the shed or garage. Years ago I saw some plans for converting a fridge into a temperature and humidity controlled humidor. Don't remember where and the conversion was beyond me, but you could Google it to see if it's up your alley

The outdoor fridge is a good idea if it still seals well. Better protection against temp swings than the shed or garage. Years ago I saw some plans for converting a fridge into a temperature and humidity controlled humidor. Don't remember where and the conversion was beyond me, but you could Google it to see if it's up your alley
Anything with a condenser will make maintenance VERY hard...never seen one used successfully. ....they work well if you cut off their plug and use for storage only

A thermoelectric winecooler might fit the bill. But the conversion can get a little pricey. Only real way to keep the cost down is to find a used one on craigslist or ebay. I found my second one for $100

A thermoelectric winecooler might fit the bill. But the conversion can get a little pricey. Only real way to keep the cost down is to find a used one on craigslist or ebay. I found my second one for $100
Very pricey, and the largest one that is available here holds 28bottles. So not exactly a lot of space.

Very pricey, and the largest one that is available here holds 28bottles. So not exactly a lot of space.

It will take you awhile to stock up a 28 bottle, even at a box a month, it will take you over a year to fill, and thats assuming you don't smoke any of it.

With cutting the plug off of a freezer, isn't there a worry of mold? I've left two refrigerators closed (one in my RV, another that was just decommissioned) and they grew mold...

It will take you awhile to stock up a 28 bottle, even at a box a month, it will take you over a year to fill, and thats assuming you don't smoke any of it.
Alright, from what I saw they seemed tiny... but then again I am crap at 3d thinking. Maybe there is space for one of those.

Alright, from what I saw they seemed tiny... but then again I am crap at 3d thinking. Maybe there is space for one of those.
You could fit at least 10-15 boxes of 20s by modest estimates. If you like playing cigar tetris then you could fit in at least 20. It didn't take me long to fill it up but im not smoking as much as I used to, so the depletion rate is much slower.

You could fit at least 10-15 boxes of 20s by modest estimates. If you like playing cigar tetris then you could fit in at least 20. It didn't take me long to fill it up but im not smoking as much as I used to, so the depletion rate is much slower.
Awesome. Now just to find one for not too much, and find the space...

Top Bottom