What's new

My New Razor Rotation Method

For a while, I have been trying to rotate my DE razors and shave w/ a different one everyday. I have about 12 razors. But, I was having trouble keeping up with it and would lose track of which one was next, even if I arranged them in some systematic way. So, this is what I do. I just shave w/ one razor everyday until the blade is dull, then, set it aside and go to the next one everyday until it's blade gets dull, etc. When they are all "shaved out," I load them all up w/ new blades and start the process all over again. It works for me.
cottontop

That's pretty much what I do. I use one razor with one blade until that blade is no longer good. Then, I get out a different razor and another blade.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I do the same with the exception of participating in "Single Edge Sunday" and "Tech Tuesday". Even then, the blade stays in until a change is needed.

I've got 3 razors:
-1966 Flair Tip SuperSpeed
-Fatip Retro
-Merkur Bakelite 45c

I pick up the SS 50% of the time, the Fatip 48% of the time and the Murkur 2% of the time. I started with the murkur and it's a bit boring so i demoted it to my travel razor so if it breaks or gets lost then it's no skin off my nose.

I just pick up whatever razor strikes my fancy at that time.

I load up a razor use it till the blade is dull then grab whatever razor strikes my fancy next, with some straights thrown into the mix.

I like that method. No system to worry about messing up. My current system is pretty random, I change razor whenever. What can I say I like variety...the only down side is I often lose count of how many shaves a blade gives.

I like that method. No system to worry about messing up. My current system is pretty random, I change razor whenever. What can I say I like variety...the only down side is I often lose count of how many shaves a blade gives.

See there's a better way of me to solve that. I just use whatever razor as well. I only have a blade in 1 razor at a time. I'm fine with using the same razor for 2-4 days or whatever. If I feel like using it more then I just chuck a new blade into it and if I don't then I just chuck the blade out and put one into a different razor.

I have an even better way.

I have an ATT, Red Tip, and a 30's New. I save my Red Tip and New for when I'm traveling, but use my ATT whenever else I shave.

I also use one till the blade is done and move to the next. I've been thinking of settling on 12 razors and use one a mounth, Being that you say you have 12 razors you could try the one a mounth idea.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Number the razors #1 thru #12 and throw a pair of dice everyday. Leave the choice of razor to chance. :)

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Here's my strategy. Until razor blade is gone, keep going. Then change razor too. Might as well, since the blade is coming out.

I have 22 razors, so I pick out 3 at a time and each razor gets 3 shaves per blade, after which I through the blade away.. I use a die for the razors I will be using for the next 9 shaves , after each shave with a particular razor I change the die from #1 to #2 then to #3.

Top Bottom