What's new

It happen today my razor fell off the counter.

If this is in the wrong place please forgive me.
I have never in all my shaving years dropped my razor. To day I sat my razor down on my hand towel and my wife grabbed the towel saying I need it have something in my eye. And there it went off the counter on to the floor and my vintage 1950 fat boy is damaged. As you can see one side of the blade guard is higher than the other. It still opens and closes smoothly but one side is a 1 and the other side is right now a six ish. Does anyone know how to fix it or do I need to look for a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_7776.jpeg
    IMG_7776.jpeg
    946.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks to both responses. I looked on line and found Razor Emporium. I don’t know much about Razor Emporium but their website says they can repair razors. But I think in the meantime I am going to shop for a new razor. I will get my fat boy repaired eventually because of the sentimental value of it. But any suggestions on a new adjustable razor?
I don’t do acronyms so what’s BRG?

I’m pretty sure that you can find one of those on the bay for pretty cheap. I’m not into vintage razors but, that’s where I would start if if I was.

I’m pretty sure that you can find one of those on the bay for pretty cheap. I’m not into vintage razors but, that’s where I would start if if I was.
I understand. But it’s not the vintage razor that I like. It’s that the razor belonged to my dad who had it since he joined the Marines in 1950 he gave it to me when I started to shave. That’s what makes it valuable to me.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Do NOT send to Razor Emporium.
... before reading this thread. At least you will then be making an informed decision.

... before reading this thread. At least you will then be making an informed decision.
Holy guacamole thanks for saving me from a nightmare.

I understand. But it’s not the vintage razor that I like. It’s that the razor belonged to my dad who had it since he joined the Marines in 1950 he gave it to me when I started to shave. That’s what makes it valuable to me.
The Gillette 195 didn’t come out until 1958, how could he have one in 1950?

The Gillette 195 didn’t come out until 1958, how could he have one in 1950?
All I know he told me he had it since boot camp. Iam not some bougie that knows all trivia of a razor. So what is your point of pointing that out? Was it to either make me look stupid? Was it to make you feel superior with your knowledge? Or a little bit of both?

All I know he told me he had it since boot camp. Iam not some bougie that knows all trivia of a razor. So what is your point of pointing that out? Was it to either make me look stupid? Was it to make you feel superior with your knowledge? Or a little bit of both?
Neither. Just for the sake of clarity.

Top Bottom