What's new

Custom stainless handles?

So I'm looking for somewhere that does nice stainless handles, something similar to UFO, but since they're pretty hard to come by. I found some places like 'Bob's razor works' but after looking into them I saw that Bob passed away a few years ago. I like the above the tie stuff (specifically the atlas design), but none of them are really the specs I'm looking for as far as the handle is concerned...

What Im ideally looking for is a fat, heavy handle that isn't overly long. something in the 3.5" length (give or take), larger than 1/2" wide diameter, and at least 80g (again preferably heavier, even over 100g wouldn't be bad IMO).

and it would need to work with a Gillette NEW head (meaning the diameter of the handle at the threaded end can't exceed the 8.6mm to fit between the indents)...I'm currently using an IKON bulldog handle (which I had to grind down a little to fit the threaded end as it was 9.2mm from the factory) but I'd prefer something larger in diameter, and heavier (the bulldog is ~1/2 diameter and a little over 70g on my scale)...

anyone know anything available or any custom makers out there that are taking orders?

honestly I'd love to make my own, but I doubt the wife would let me buy a metal lathe just to make a razor handle :lol: who knows, maybe she'd be on board for getting one if I make some to sell and recoup some of the cost.

Two members here turn custom handles: Will Quiles and Andy at AKASL. Justin Griest is not turning handles at this time, but his brass version of the common bar handle is about 75mm long, 15mm in diameter, and 111 grams heavy. I shaved with it this morning attached to a NEW Deluxe. It is not stainless, but someone here (maybe Taco8slo?) had one plated in nickle and I thought it was stunningly beautiful! They turn up on the aftermarket at affordable prices from time to time.
I have bought both UFO and Cooncat Bob handles on the aftermarket, but it takes patience (and a quick trigger finger). Some people think they want a fat, heavy handle, but find out they don't, so those handles do turn up. Stay on the lookout, and don't expect to find one immediately.
Someone else on this list also casts a beautiful handle, but I don't have one and my mind is fuzzy on the details right now.
Best of luck in this endeavor; one of my favorite parts of this hobby had been experimenting with different handles and heads.

I was also searching for a similar handle like the UFO or Bob's.

I love the look of this handle-type. If there is anybody who knows where I can get one or order one to be made for me, please give me the contact-details. This would be a perfect christmas-gift for me... :w00t:

Nothing against the other current makers… they do fantastic work from what I can tell, but if you see a UFO or a BRW out there available, my advice is to snatch it up quick!!! They are really special.

yeah I saw that, I'd LOVE a UFO handle, they're exactly what I'm looking for. but I'll keep perusing the B/S section maybe I'll get lucky...in the meantime the bulldog I've got isn't bad.

Top Bottom