What's new

First brush assembly if I can figure out how

Well, I am now the owner of a 30 mm Cashmere fan knot (APShaveCo) and a 30 mm DSCosmetic brush handle. I also have some silicone adhesive caulk.

Preliminary tests with the knot make me think that I want the knot as shallow as possible (I lathered with it both with the knot all the way at 17 mm and also with just the glue bump inserted, and the latter felt more like what I want). The problem is that I have 9-10 mm of dead space if I insert the knot shallowly, so I’m browsing 1” diameter washers and not finding much.

Do I just stack washers until I get to the desired depth, and then dump silicone over every surface?

IMG_9239.jpeg

I buy one inch nylon washers from the hardware. Dab a little clear 100% silicone to each washer as I build up to my desired loft then more silicone to hold the knot. Buy several when you are there as you will probably end up with more handles and knots to assemle.

I also watched
for more details and to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I found a nylon spacer at Home Depot, which worked nicely (1 mm past the knot glue bump was hidden). Silicone spread by toothpicks later, and with a little twisting of the spacer and then the knot to make sure all surfaces were glued and opposed, and it's now curing for the next 24-28 hours. The tube says 24 hours, so I will probably wait 48.

It's a 30 mm, fan shaped, easily splayable knot - I was going for "big wall of cloud", and we'll see how it worked on Sunday or Monday. Thanks everyone!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Very good idea with the cork, that never dawned on me. I always have a bottle of wine i can open for a project. Down side is I would have to drink it afterward lol.
This is what I use for ever and it is what I normally recommend. I have some friends that are avid wine drinkers and i have enough corks to last a very long time. DO NOT USE ANY METAL ITEMS.....if someone later is drilling the knot out he/she will have a nice surprise. Believe me, I have had my share of coins and washer someone put in. The brush sold and the new owner did not know it, but sent it off to me for a re-knot. After the first coins, I always pre-drill with a small bit to see if there is coin inside.....but then someone used washers.....and the same $..t happened.

Top Bottom