What's new

R.I.P Jack Bruce

If you ever get a chance, take a look at "Beware Mr. Baker". I think it's on Netflix, and is about drummer Ginger Baker. His love-hate relationship with Bruce is hilarious. While not a huge fan of Cream, I was always under the impression that Clapton was the driving force, which apparently wasn't the case.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Damn. Cream is still one of the best bands ever. You knew having a band with an English man, Scottish man, and Irish man in it wouldn't last long, but it was great when it did. Tales of Brave Ulysses will be the ear worm of the day.

Damn. Cream is still one of the best bands ever. You knew having a band with an English man, Scottish man, and Irish man in it wouldn't last long, but it was great when it did. Tales of Brave Ulysses will be the ear worm of the day.

You could feel the tension in the music.

Jack journeys to the White Room with black curtains...

... near the station.

One from '68 and one from the reunion at Albert Hall in '05:

proxy.php

proxy.php

His post Cream solo album "Songs For a Tailor" was as good as any of the work he did with Cream, he was a remarkable musician.

If you ever get a chance, take a look at "Beware Mr. Baker". I think it's on Netflix, and is about drummer Ginger Baker. His love-hate relationship with Bruce is hilarious. While not a huge fan of Cream, I was always under the impression that Clapton was the driving force, which apparently wasn't the case.

I have to check this out.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Sad day. He was one of the most important rock musicians of all time.

RIP J.B.

Never a big fan of Cream but have always appreciated the skills. I found Jack's work with Trower more appealing. If you haven't heard the discs now would be a great time. Also, to hear him with Tony Williams was a true joy. The man could write, play and sing.

I was a big Cream fan, and I do not think there is any doubt that Bruce was the central piece of Cream--primary singer and song writer as well as bassist in a group that in many respects "was all about that bass"-- and that Cream was important.

Clearly an influential bass player. Under-appreciated in general, methinks, and I know he did some excellent work after Cream, but at the time Cream broke up I would have been shocked to think that his (and Ginger Baker's) biggest days of acclaim were then behind them.

Fame is catching lightning in a bottle, they say. RIP

Top Bottom