What's new

Let The Battle Begin, (budget vs. other)

Ok, so here I am. My budget Razorock items arrived. A Tech 2 and the Bruce. I am curious as a newbie....the point here is to learn. How will I like the $17 Razorock razor and brush compared to the $80 EJ DE89 and Simpson T3 brush? Only one way to find out. I will use the same Derby blades and Perasso soap. This will be fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20240307_130759095.jpg
    IMG_20240307_130759095.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240307_130730471.jpg
    IMG_20240307_130730471.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Of the two sets I would personally go with the RR items.

Had the T3 and gave it away as the stubby handle felt uncomfortable for me and the knot was too springy for my liking. Also if the Tech 2 is a faithful reproduction of a Tech then it should be more efficient than the DE89.

Price wouldn’t be my deciding factor at all.

Had the T3 and gave it away as the stubby handle felt uncomfortable for me and the knot was too springy for my liking. Also if the Tech 2 is a faithful reproduction of a Tech then it should be more efficient than the DE89.

I have the RR Tech II and I have a Gillette Tech and the Gillette Tech wins every time. I find the RR Tech II way too mild. I cannot however compare to the DE89 since I do not own one. It will be interesting to see what OP's result will be.

Hello again all you wonderful folks. I have shaved once with each razor and brush. Same brand blade and soap used. First off, the brushes. The Bruce is the clear winner for me. The handle is more comfy and the bristles were more flexable some how. The T3's handle felt too chunky or something. The bristles are softer than the Bruce, but the T3s knot is firmer. It felt like a soft blob and not a fluffy brush. The Bruce is my preferred brush. The clear winner for me for the razor was the DE89. It gave a closer and higher quality shave. I preferred the feel in hand of the Tech 2, but that is it. Plain and simple, I have razor burn from the Tech 2. It was smooth to shave with, until I put on sensitive skin aftershave. I turned into McCally Kalkin. My dad's 1974 Gillette Tech did not hurt my face. Now, the question is....is it my technique or the Tech 2? I dunno. Good thing the Tech 2 does not cost much. LOL As of right now, my combo is The Bruce and Edwin Jagger DE89.

The head on the Teck 2 is identical to the Maggard V3M head - not in the same league with the Gillette Tech. OK if you like a mild shave, although I've found that it's the razor head most likely to bite me.

Top Bottom