What's new

First time using Feather Blades

Wow...what an amazing shave. this is the sharpest blade i have used yet. In this cae, it *is* the sharpest blade in the drawer.

Such a close shave - on a first day with a blade (usually first day with a blade is a little rough).

I'm hooked!

+1. It took me a while to getting around to trying the Feathers. I cautiously did, first in a pre-War Tech and then a NEW LC and came away pleasantly surprised. While they may not be the #1 choice for me (I like Personna Platinum Chromes aka Reds) they are a close second. One still has to treat them with patience or they can bite if technique wanders (as my nose found this morning as I rushed).

Tech + Feather = lovely combo

took me a while to get used to the Feather too - love it in my Tech now. about to try one in my Slim next.

Cab you let us know how you find the blades after some uses? I find that they go from "utterly amazing" to "rather lacklustre" very quickly, whereas other blades may not be as sharp but perform better after the second use than a Feather does.

I finally got around to trying Feathers for the first time a couple days ago. Honestly, after reading a lot of comments on here about how one wrong move will make me lose half my face, I was kinda scared me off. I found the shave to be smooth and nice, but not substantially more so than my go-to Astra blades that I normally use. Glad I tried them, and I feel kind of dumb that I waited this long.

Mrs Guzzler has just bought me some Feathers which are next on my list - probably with my 1956 Tech. First I've got to finish using my current Gillette Silver Blue blade which is still going strong after countless shaves.

I finally got around to trying Feathers for the first time a couple days ago. Honestly, after reading a lot of comments on here about how one wrong move will make me lose half my face, I was kinda scared me off. I found the shave to be smooth and nice, but not substantially more so than my go-to Astra blades that I normally use. Glad I tried them, and I feel kind of dumb that I waited this long.

They are sharp blades, but i quickly dropped the extra caution i started with (due to what i have heard on here) and went to my normal level of caution and had a normal, but close shave.

The extra caution is so over-hyped. It is a sharp blade that gives a nice shave. I say it's great for noobs because they'll get good results with good technique.

In a mild razor, like my Weber DLC or a Tech, it's my favorite. I prefer the Polsilvers and 7 O'Clock Blacks in other razors.
All that said, the better my prep and the better my lather, the less blade choice matters to me.

First of all, make sure your technique is down!!!!! I got cocky and my face paid for it royally! After I learned to respect the katana I just placed on my face, I really enjoyed it....I would however use a mild razor, my first go was with my Merkur HD long handle, um let's just say ow!

I used a Feather today in my Edwin Jagger. Got a BBS. It is a fine blade. I have 300 in stock with about 400 Polsilvers. I'm set for awhile.

Kirk

Love the Feather blades, but technique is the key, if you get a bit lazy or have a facial mole it will bite you, but overall a very smooth blade, I have found I can get about 5 shaves before it goes south. I must say that I have only had my Weber PH classic for about two weeks. I have found I like the Astra SP's better in this razor still sampling, but I think my top 3 will be in the Weber:

1. Astra
2. Feather
2. Gillette Silver Blue

Sharpest? Maybe Polsiver. Feather seems much smoother. Muhle 89

Just a heads up. If you like the Feather with the Muhle 89, you will enjoy it for a period of time until you will crave a change, at that point you might be ready to go to a Weber PH or a more aggressive razor and a Polsilver again. After enjoying that for a while, you end up switching to Feather again, unless you go to an Open Comb razor, then the blade experiment begins again!

I have also just tried a feather for the first time at the beginning of the week. I started with it in my Gillette Blue Tip, wonderful shave and as the week progressed I have moved from the blue tip to my 57 flair tip to my Red tip this morning. I still got a good shave, no nicks or tugging even with this being the 5th use. Great blade, but I have more to try, may continue using the Blue tip as my initial blade tester outer.

Top Bottom