What's new

Gillette Fatboy D3 from Ruin to Rhodium

I picked up this Fatboy at an antique shop for $8. It was pretty bad the adjuster dial was stuck and didn't clean up very well. I sent it off to Razor Emporium for revamp. Perfect now.
$20140704_163832.jpg
$20140704_163908.jpg
$20140906_145744.jpg
$20140906_145640.jpg

Last edited:
I let them revamp a Slim Adjustable that I have, and it looks nice. However, it seems there is a loss of detail in the knurling, which I've spoken to a member here about. Right now I use it, but I'll not be sending them another razor. At some point, I'll have my Slim sent off to Chris and let him see if they polished the knurling down and that is why it lost detail, or if it is because of how thick they do the plating. I sent it to them before I knew what they have done to other members in the past.

I'm glad it worked out well for you. Just please be careful if you decide to send them anything else in the future.

I picked up this Fatboy at an antique shop for $8. It was pretty bad the adjuster dial was stuck and didn't clean up very well. I sent it off to Razor Emporium for revamp. Perfect now.
Yep - they are very good at returning D3 Fatboys. My E model actually got a year younger from the Revamp by this banned vendor. And they didn't even charge extra (or apologize) for that! :cursing: :a32: :a52:

Looks very nice. They can do very nice work.
I have had several items worked on, by them, without issue.

Some members, in the past have had serious issues, and there is an overall hate for them, from a lot of members.
They will bomb this post, and might accuse you of working for Razor Emporium.
The tin foil hats came out a few times during some posts, where people said they liked Razor Emporium' s work.

Funniest photo was the guy wearing a tinfoil hat, along with the cat wearing one.

Chris, at Razorplate.com does very good work, and is in the process of working on a second razor for me.

This is the story of Fatboy's rise from neglect and ruin to restoration and rhodium. It's a happy new beginning for one Fatboy which will give another lifetime or more of dutiful service. Behold its return glory and be happy.

Ps. I am very pleased with the revamp work performed by Razor Emporium.

Last edited:
It is a very nice looking Fat Boy. It doesn't matter how it was restored, only that it was restored. Now it has a second chance to continue what it was ment to do. Now get some Feather blades and Shave shave shave.

I'm in the UK and there doesn't appear to be anyone on this side of the puddle doing at present. I'm obviously going to have to send my Slim stateside so is there anyone to recommend then?

I'm in the UK and there doesn't appear to be anyone on this side of the puddle doing at present. I'm obviously going to have to send my Slim stateside so is there anyone to recommend then?

@Captain Murphy and @nonicksnocutsnoweepers (aka Chris @ Razorplate) combination.

There seems to be consensus on these two: Nick at Sportshaving.com and Chris at razorplate.com. There is a solid reason why some platers are banned here and elsewhere, so beware!

Both do good work and are stand up guys. I personally have only experience with Nick who did a magnificent job on my razors and heads.

Take a wild guess which pic is before and which one is after.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom