What's new

Pilot iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu: Ink Review

Pilot Iroshizuku
murasaki-shikibu
$2014-09-23 21.04.34.jpg

As always great performing ink, the dry times are about average, not an overly wet ink but far from dry. In a large nib this stuff will shade like nobodies business. I paid $23.00 Can shipped off of ebay, at $.046 cents a ml, this is far from the cheapest ink on the market, and the beauty bottle is certainly part of what you are buying, but the inks seem to have their own feel and look to them being unique to the market that the odd bottle doesnt seem to me to be out of line.

$2014-09-23 21.02.27.jpg

$2014-09-23 21.02.38.jpg
Iro ink actually dries for me on my paper on the quicker side of average, it actually behaves well enough to be an everyday ink. Although its price will probably not have me burn through it that fast.
$2014-09-23 21.03.02.jpg
There is certainly a difference with each stroke on the QTip, this ink can shade, its a low saturation ink which can still pop some colour on the page without being washed out to much.

$2014-09-23 22.05.23.jpg

And excuse my lack of Japanese, but the bottle is either recyclable, or drinking the ink will have you flying to the toilet,... its a close call either way its good advice to know.​

Last edited:
Thats in the review area already, actually I think thats the one both Myself and Larry have

lol I meant from the inks in the picture,... as I have those and there is no review on them,... but one second i have to put this review together

Just giving ya future ideas :) We all know you're not done buying ink :thumbup:

Looking forward to the Iroshizuku review, I've contemplated that one a couple times.

compared to the waterman tender (goodness what a horrid name) purple,...

$2014-09-23 21.44.16.jpg
Notice the first line I rewrote with Iroshizuku ink (Directly below the "Tender purple" line). If you look at the word "This" I wrote on the Iroshizuku line, vs the word "tender" on the waterman line, you should be able to see the difference. Again in person its much more noticeable

$2014-09-23 21.45.06.jpg
The Waterman on the left, Iro on the right

its tough to see in the picture, these inks are very close in colour, but the waterman is the more vibrant of the two, its quite noticeable in person, as it is a higher saturated ink,.. but have good flow but the waterman is the wetter of the two. if I could only buy one of the two ever again, I think the waterman would actually suit me more to tell you the truth

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Another good review. What's the showthrough like with a wet nib? That's always a concern for me.

after this one is done, what ink do you guys want reviewed Next ?

Montblanc, James. Is that black?

yes it is, Brian thought it would make a great dip pen bottle, except for the small problem of it being full lol... Ill do that one tomorrow, I had the page done but ended up writing on top of it

The sticker on the bottom means the cap is made from recyclable plastic. As for the ink there is only one way to find out...

Top Bottom