What's new

Cant seem to find DE. Blades at Stores

Target, wal mart, dollor general and walgreens, no de blades or some unknown knockoff. Plenty of cartridges though. So is it a safe bet that i need to buy off the web?

I'm not 100% sure about the US but here in Ireland about 10% of pharmacies tend to have them but they're usually just unbranded israeli personas. Lucky enough for me those generic personas do the job but as per usual YMMV.

Try a few different pharmacies (we call them chemists here in Ireland). Maybe some so called "Mom & Pop" pharmacies might have a limited selection.

CVS generally has some, and some private/independent pharmacies, but that's about it. The internet is your best bet.

Bad Bath and Beyond still sells Wilkies, at least they did the last time I was in.

They also have Clubman and THE VEG (if you are brave)

If they sell blades they are outrageously expensive and seem (to me) to be poor quality. $0.25-1.00 each. I would highly recommend you buy from Amazon where you can get a box of 100 for $10.00-25.00. There are also sites like west coast shaving where you can buy a set of different blades and try a few out before you commit to a box of 100.

I will not buy any blades at a local retailer. You are correct Paul, you can get much better and less expensive blades on line.

+1 for this. Here in NC, Rite-aid has a house brand (Personnas made in Israel) and the dollar stores usually have Korean-made (bad) house brands. The internet is your friend for DE blades.

CVS generally has some, and some private/independent pharmacies, but that's about it. The internet is your best bet.

Buy on the web for the best price. When I went to my big box store they wanted close to ten bucks for a box of five.

I found dollar general brand but who makes it, i grabbed 1 pack as it was$1. I was just surprised not to see things on shelves, except cartridges.

Try finding injector blades in a local store! I used about half tank of gas -- and a lot of time (which I need to conserve at my age) looking around.

Try finding injector blades in a local store! I used about half tank of gas -- and a lot of time (which I need to conserve at my age) looking around.

This seems like a bad suggestion based off of my experience trying to find injector blades...lol.

I've seen DE blades at CVS if you're desperate, but like others have said they are over priced. Also, I agree on buying a blade sampler pack at first, really two if you feel you haven't perfected your technique yet and want to be extra thorough. Take notes on your impressions of each brand and by the time you finish the first set of blade samples, your technique should be miles better than it was when you started out. At that point start the second set of blade samples and, hopefully, you will have a better impression of each blade that time around. Also I suggest using all of one type of blade and then moving on to the next type as opposed to jumping around.

There's a small local Hispanic grocery store chain here on the Border that sells Schick injector blades (China). As I don't use an injector I have no idea as to quality.

There's a small local Hispanic grocery store chain here on the Border that sells Schick injector blades (China). As I don't use an injector I have no idea as to quality.
Geez...driving to the Border is probably out of the question for me! :laugh:

I think Schick blades are the only ones in production, as far as I know. My disposable razors are mainly DE now though.

Well im waiting some polsilver to try and maybe after get some dif samples . have a few blades left and they dont perform the best, last i tried were dorco, bleh. For me anyway.

If there is an Art of Shaving near you, They carry Gillette Platinum (yay!) and Merkur blades (boo!). They are not cheap, mind you, not by any means, but if you're in a bind for blades, they're available.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Yes save yourself the time and order online.

You might be able to find a rebranded Dorco or Personna. Or a VDH DE blades, but that's it.
You'll pay a butt load more for these than you would if you ordered online.

Top Bottom