What's new

iPhone 6

The next iPhone (almost assuredly to be called the iPhone 6) will be announced by Apple on Tuesday 9/9.

Anyone else excited for the event and release of the new phone? I very much am, and will place an order as soon as they become available. Just curious if others have thoughts on Apple and this greatly anticipated release.

:biggrin1:

I have never owned an iPhone, but I have several other Apple devices, and am very interested in the features. Frequently, features in a new device like the iPhone also show similar improvements with other features, like iPads. It's said that Apple will announce the release of a larger iPad.

A few features will be unique to the iPhone, of course. The Sapphire display (which reduces the chance of breakage), increased display quality, thinner display, and a larger display substantially improve a device like this. Releases like this can only further reduce Samsung's market share.

I will continue to use my 4S until it breaks, but I am excited to see what the 6 has to offer. I just wish that they would have kept the screen smaller. If I wanted to walk around with a tablet in my pocket, I would have gotten an Android-based phone.

I am prepped and ready for the new release. Two iOS updates ago, my iPhone 4 really slowed down - and that impacted all features across the board. Whether I am trying to bring up the dial pad to make a call or open an app - there is approx 2 - 3 second pause before it will appear and be functional.

I check the forums and disabled all of the background features (like auto updates, etc.) which helped some, but if there is any kind of update - I have to go back into disable those again.

My iPhone 4 isnt eligible for any further iOS updates, so the performance I have now will stable - but it is time to upgrade. I wont mind the increased screen size and hope that the overall form factor is acceptable. I dont carry my phone in my dress shirt pocket and if the new phone still fits the inside change pocket of my dress trousers I will be happy, since I refuse to wear my phone.

My wife has an iPhone 4S and it still is snappy, but she is really interested in the large 5.5 screen version that is supposed to be released. Not worried about it being too bulky - because even her smallest purse could hold a laptop.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Don't care much for the event.

I just want to know when I can order one.
I plan to do it the same way I did for the 5.

Stay up late and place my order. Relax until the box arrives. Open it and activate it in the comfort of my home and at my leisure.
A breeze compared to fighting the crowds at the store.

Yes definitely interested.

I was an ardent iPhone user before I got caught up in all the android hype and purchased the Samsung galaxy series.

Worst phone I have ever used. It's so big and inconvenient. The software too is no where as smooth iOS. Meaning to get rid of it for a whole now.

Have an iPhone 5C which our daughter-in-law got for us. First smart phone, and liking it well. Have learned that it will just fit in my shirt pocket. If phones get bigger, I will have a problem! Or challenge!

I had a 3GS, then jumped to the 5C last year. Nice improvements all around.

Im sitting out the 6, though...Good luck out there !

I may be jumping off the apple train. They really have not made too many advances in quite a while other than upgrading the look. It doesn't seem like the 6 will add many features either. There may be a samsung in my future...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I bet some guys are already camping out.

I have the 5 and love it. I'm undecided to go to the 6. More than likely I'll just watch and learn.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Will it be available on 9/9?

I thought they have the press conference on 9/9? Which typically the hardware is released a couple weeks after no?

I thought they have the press conference on 9/9? Which typically the hardware is released a couple weeks after no?

Youre right. I read the OP wrong and took it as release date. I still say it gets jailbroken with 48hours after it comes out. Those guys are THAT good I believe. Apple should hire them or they're just not worried about owners going elsewhere than iTunes for products.

Yes I think typically the wait time to order is 2 weeks after the announcement. I'll order and wait for it at home, too. Can't beat the convenience.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Youre right. I read the OP wrong and took it as release date. I still say it gets jailbroken with 48hours after it comes out. Those guys are THAT good I believe. Apple should hire them or they're just not worried about owners going elsewhere than iTunes for products.
Maybe even earlier than that!

Yes I think typically the wait time to order is 2 weeks after the announcement. I'll order and wait for it at home, too. Can't beat the convenience.

I watched the news when the 5 was released and people were getting in fights, camping out for weeks, and some not even getting one cause the store sold out.
I understand that some people do it just to do it. They like that stuff.

Not this guy! Sure...I had to stay up till 2am, but i ordered and was in bed in 10 minutes.

Top Bottom