What's new

iPhone 6

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
One of the girls at work got her Iphone 6 delivered this morning. I will be getting one. The size is not as large as I was expecting and the thinness and shape are good.

I saw the UPS guy and was like OOOOOO then he dropped off across the street and I was like NNOOOOO

I should get mine tomorrow, but wont get to play with it till after 11pm grrrr

Mine is on it's way for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully mid-morning as opposed to mid-afternoon. I expect pics from everyone in this thread!

I almost assaulted a UPS driver pulling up to a Verizon store today.

My phone is set to arrive tomorrow. I have left very strict instructions for my wife not to leave the house. When she has to get our children from school, she is to take the UPS release form that I scotch taped to the inside of the front door and move it to the outside of the front door, but she is to place it lower on the door, so it can't be seen easily from the street. As soon as she gets the kids, she is to come home and check to see if the phone has arrived. If not, she is to remove the release paper from the front door and resume waiting.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I have to go make the couch ready for me to sleep on. [emoji14]

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I almost assaulted a UPS driver pulling up to a Verizon store today.

My phone is set to arrive tomorrow. I have left very strict instructions for my wife not to leave the house. When she has to get our children from school, she is to take the UPS release form that I scotch taped to the inside of the front door and move it to the outside of the front door, but she is to place it lower on the door, so it can't be seen easily from the street. As soon as she gets the kids, she is to come home and check to see if the phone has arrived. If not, she is to remove the release paper from the front door and resume waiting.

Now, if you will all excuse me, I have to go make the couch ready for me to sleep on. [emoji14]

Attachments

• $1385746_10151951737091145_164192464_n.jpg
    $1385746_10151951737091145_164192464_n.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 111

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Today's the day!

I just heard on the TV roughly 5,000 people are in line at an apple store in New York. 12 blocks!

Do you actually think they have 5,000 phones in stock there??

Fingers crossed my phone will be waiting for me when I come home from work today.

The pickup at the local store here was a debacle.

I got there right at 8a, since that was the store opening time and I didn't feel the need to be "first". It was a good time to show up; the "pre-order" line was only 20 people or so, but the line for folks just there to buy the new phone was much longer - I would estimate about 150 ft / 4 people deep.

I get into the "Pre-order" queue and within a few minutes I am the 4th person in line. Then Apple's network completely collapses. The strain of the entire East Coast running transactions at the same time broke everything - from order fulfillment to point-of-sale transactions to the handheld scanners - they all stopped functioning around 8:15a.

The system playing peek-a-boo was the worst; one person going in and then the Apple guy saying the system crashed again, they were in reboot, etc. It was taking approx 20 minutes for a person who pre-ordered the phone to pick it up and get out. I was going to bag it and come back in the evening or tomorrow morning - but this was for my wife and the time onsite vs leaving was just short of my limit.

Finally, at 10:45a, I was taken in to do the pickup. It was going slowly, but proceeding - we just needed to have the ATT cutover processed and we were next in line when ATT's network collapsed. My guy reacted like his team dropped the winning pass in the endzone. He pushed the ATT rep out of the way, was typing like a maniac - reentering / rejected / reentering - until he got me a confirm order.

As I was putting the phone into the bag; they were getting ready to tell everyone in the pre-order line to come back later in the day. As I was heading to the car, a woman asked how was it in there - and I was honest, telling her she w/b better off going out to lunch and coming back.

I left the Apple Store at Legacy Place and saw the line out the ATT store was wrapped around the building. I was back home at 11:20a, just enough time to fire up the work laptop and make my "must attend" conference call.

Tim_McD - what an ordeal! I always prefer the preorder for this reason, although waking up at 3:00am was no picnic last Friday.

My iPhone 6 just arrived - syncing it up now. WOW it's a large device compared to my 5. Anyone upgrading from a 4S or lower will be astounded. Can't wait to fire it up once the restore is completed! Pics to follow.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
And that is why I wake up at 1:45am to pre-order online.
My phone was waiting for me when I got home from work.

I realize that's not an option for some people but for those that it is....it is the absolute best option

Toothpick said:
My phone was waiting for me when I got home from work.

How ya liking it? I'm still waiting for at&t to activate mine...but the hardware is incredible!

My iPhone 6 is on a UPS truck now (he usually gets to my house about 4:30p), but the lovely bride's iPhone 6+ was either a pick-up today or a ship-to-home on 09-Oct-2014.

She is thrilled with it and it makes my old iPhone 4 look like a beeper

Tim_McD - what an ordeal! I always prefer the preorder for this reason, although waking up at 3:00am was no picnic last Friday.

My iPhone 6 just arrived - syncing it up now. WOW it's a large device compared to my 5. Anyone upgrading from a 4S or lower will be astounded. Can't wait to fire it up once the restore is completed! Pics to follow.

LMAO, idiot drops Iphone 6 as soon as he gets it:

The "i'm good", followed by his oh crap what the hell did i just do laugh makes this great.

And of course:

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked mine up this morning. IMHO I think its the best phone Apple has made. The 4.7in screen (iPhone 6) I think is the perfect size. The plus is just to large for my taste. From a quality standpoint there is nothing else on the market that comes anywhere close to this phone. Very happy with my purchase.
$IMG_2924.jpg
$IMG_2923.jpg

Spent the past few hours activating it, setting up email accounts and calendars, and adding apps. Very happy with the new phone so far.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not sure how I feel about the camera lens not being flush against the back of the phone.
I had problems with dust getting under the lens of my old phone, looks like this one could be worse with the lens sticking out like that.

Not sure how I feel about the camera lens not being flush against the back of the phone.
I had problems with dust getting under the lens of my old phone, looks like this one could be worse with the lens sticking out like that.

I'm guessing the lens will be covered by the case. That is, of course, if my case, ever arrives. It's being delivered by the geniuses at USPS, so it is going from California to Florida via Alaska. It was scheduled for delivery on Thursday, but was last seen early Thursday morning in Alaska.

Top Bottom